• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

56 minutes ago, rayzor said:

lol i'm a mod that keeps track of these things and i know that they are out there and i catch them when i see them and the ones you think are alt accounts, aren't. 

this place isn't "flooded with alt accounts".

we do have our fair share of paranoid wackos, though.

Well I apologize he had me fooled.

5 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This might be a better question in DM, but I'll ask anyway. Are there rules against alt accts? Are you saying when you catch an alt acct you ban it? Just as an example (sorry to the examplee that just happened to be the previous poster), but is 'matt rhules gut fat' someone's legitimate account???? Like seriously? I've always assumed these dumb ass poster names were alts.

Again apologies to matt rhules gut fat. I'm hoping I did not offend matt rhules gut fat by using it in this manner. I have a lot of respect for matt rhules gut fat, but I have always assumed it wasn't a real identity. But I have no issues if someone truly wants to identify as matt rhules gut fat. I don't judge even though this entire post probably sounds very judgemental of idiotic names that only have a 3 year shelf life. Although matt rhules gut fat probably actually has a much longer shelf life than 3 years.

alt accounts happen for various reasons. there's a couple i know of. the main thing is don't be a prick if you happen to have one. it's not encouraged and if someone makes several then i'll probably eventually ban all of them. of course it's good advice to not be a prick or a douchebag in here anyways. or anywhere for that matter, but i can't control what you do irl. in here, though, just don't. 

mainly alt accounts are made up by people who have been perma-banned for various things and can't take a hint. we find them though. sometimes we'll give them a little time after we figure out who they are (which is usually pretty soon after they create the account and start posting). we'll give people second and third, etc, chances....sometimes. 

It seem difficult at best to determine if the transition both mentally and physically for a top college QB to translate into an NFL success............only in hindsight can most people can make that observation. 

I'd say the same challenge is going on here regardless of who the Panthers pick........you just don't know how they will handle it and what impact it will have on their body until it does........

Kinda of like a crap shoot when all is said and done..............

14 hours ago, csx said:

I've really come to despise sports media.

It really is the “no such thing as bad publicity” concept on steroids. 

Clicks and traffic are king. The news has to feel “new” even if nothing has changed. 

Cable television made hot takes a thing and the internet more or less is just rotting our brains for a multitude of reasons. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You're a mod and you don't realize this site is flooded with alt accounts?

I haven't even been here a year and I already noticed how many people have multiple accounts. It's kind of sad honestly.

Stop hiding behind burner accounts you frauds!

Ah yes, the ever present problem of 9 yr old, 2k post burner accounts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Icege said:

Michael Lombardi said he wasn't coachable. Wingo just said that there was stuff that was giving Carolina pause and then his co-host spoke for most of the clip.

I said Wingo is a piece of poo for spreading rumors, I never specified which rumors. Not sure why you think one is better than the other, but okay. If you come on my show and I let you spread misinformation, that's on me. He's been doing this long enough that you can't chalk it up to 'just letting the other guy talk...'

7 hours ago, csx said:

You just might have missed the point of the post you replied to 

I didn’t miss the point old mate said that the rumours of him not being a hard worker were bullshit. I implied maybe they’re true seeing he just led his side to the worst record in football 

17 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Could be more smoke to get Stroud to fall after the betting odds shifted in favor of Young. Could be some merit.

Either way, these are certainly interesting claims. Appears Stroud has some questions in the eyes of some teams and supposedly the Panthers.

Per Wingo, "There are things in the equation that are giving the Carolina Panthers pause about CJ Stroud and that may be why they're leaning back towards Bryce Young:"

Per VSIN, CJ Stroud is apparently "not an easy guy to coach."

Make of these what you will. 

All honesty, sounds like smoke and trying to get him to fall now that teams are salivating at the idea the Panthers have Young locked in. Or maybe it has some merit.

Just more fuel for the smoky fire that has been draft season so far.

Look at Strouds footwork and ball placement and tell me he's not easy to coach. You don't get to where he is, as a QB, without being coacheable. This, if anything, is a lie to put it mildly.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Jmac said:

The Panthers don't give a shat what sports writers have to say. They have to write something for the next seventeen or so days before the draft to earn a living.

I'm sure the team knows exactly all they need to know about player X by now. They certainly don't give a rats ass what other teams may do sitting at #1... unless they plan to trade down (which I doubt),

Well, then the Panthers and I have something in common. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He can tell which ones are alts by the IP addresses.  His response was telling you that you are way off base thinking those 2 are the same person.  They really don't act anything alike honestly.  

I mean don't each pc each have their own IP address different from the other because if that is the case anyone could have a handful of alts. 

4 hours ago, Carolina Disaster said:

Agreed!  If This didn't come from the mouth of Ryan Day it is complete BS.  And Day has never had anything but praise for CJ!

Yup. No coaches at Ohio State are going to try to diminish the draft stock of their own prospect. Getting a number 1 overall pick for their program is huge for recruiting.

• Beer 2

@WUnderhill ----"deion said somethig about recruiting players with two parents....." Then holy-lEe-fuuck the tiny smooth brains cannot understand a daddy teaches his son how to be a man, well the real ones do"

Brother, just lolllolollolllllls and sorry you had to deal with them....1621020898330.thumb.png.1bac65bde51431427db85a74546f8cc0.png

This report did along with the 58 others, forced my hand......draft/rumor season and all...ultra rare gullible me is eating it. those gambling(awful that you can bet on this)parasitics have recently moved their lines too(guess they are gulible as well..)

I got to make peace with young being 97.6% the pick now......i need the power.....

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Look at Strouds footwork and ball placement and tell me he's not easy to coach. You don't get to where he is, as a QB, without being coacheable. This, if anything, is a lie to put it mildly.

I'm more in the Young camp but only slightly, and I can admit that what Stroud has done with this is significant. Especially when you read in his story that he spent a lot of time only being coached by YouTube.