• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I think they've locked in on Bryce and he will be the pick.

Yeah the massive Bryce info campaign of late only happens for 1 of 2 reasons. Either Panthers last ditch effort to get Texans to move up and get us some more picks while we still get our guy Stroud or it's the team getting fans ready for the pick. I think the trade down is unlikely and we're probably locked in on Bryce at this point. All the other smoke up to this point was random and all over the place but the targeted Bryce campaign feels different and like there is fire behind it.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would love #2 and #12, but I'd also accept #2 and #33 or #2 and next year's first.

I do it for those other picks if we are legitimately 100% undecided between Stroud/Young. If we like one even slightly better just take him and call it a victory. If we really like Stroud and are convinced Texans are on Young that's another possibility but a very risky one if the Texans fool us and take our guy Stroud instead.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

Clausen didn’t not change his number because he liked 2. He didn’t change his number because he didn’t feel like he should roll over for the new guy when he was still conceivably that guy. It was a very common topic of discussion around here for a time. He didn’t have some weird attachment to 2. You can believe that or not but it was what it was and I’m not going to sit here going around and around with you over it. 

Never said he was attached to 2. You did.

His college number 7 wasn’t available. Jason Baker wouldn’t give him the number. Clausen paid that attitude forward to Cam. When Baker was gone, Clausen no longer cared about 2…he switched to 7, told Cam he could have 2, but Cam didn’t change because he embraced 1. 

Literally Clausen in #7 his last preseason here.

image.jpeg.a4b66f836660ab5425031dd6774aa645.jpeg

Unlike Clausen, Corral’s college and high school number isn’t taken by another player. 

Does this clarify what I mean?

• Pie 1

We aren’t against trading down. We made that clear from the very beginning. The cost to move up to 3 was very similar to move up to 1. We probably like Young, AR, and Stroud which is why we were comfortable at 3. If we stay at 1 is pretty much Young. If a team makes us a dumb offer from 2 or 3 then we would probably take AR/Stroud plus the extra capital. It’s not as crazy as it sounds. We like 3 guys but have a preference. Now we control the draft.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I just feel like if that’s the scenario you’re getting a third at best

There's a conversation to be had at the very least if they offer both thirds though. 👀

#2 + #65 + #73? Would allow us to recoup the #61 that was traded AND get an extra pick to package with #39 to slide back up into the 1st? Get another starter w/ a bonus year option? I could be convinced... 

Edited by Icege

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We aren’t against trading down. We made that clear from the very beginning. The cost to move up to 3 was very similar to move up to 1. We probably like Young, AR, and Stroud which is why we were comfortable at 3. If we stay at 1 is pretty much Young. If a team makes us a dumb offer from 2 or 3 then we would probably take AR/Stroud plus the extra capital. It’s not as crazy as it sounds. We like 3 guys but have a preference. Now we control the draft.

Not crazy at all.

It hinges on the Panthers having conviction for more than one quarterback, something which pretty much all reports say is true.

So if you do the trade, you still get a quarterback you were willing to take at #1, plus you get additional picks.

I really can't see where that's a bad deal.

Do the Texans make an offer? Gun to my head I'd say no, but I'd also point out that weirder things have happened.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So here is the timeline of the past 72ish hours:

Texans are not sold on Stroud and may go Anderson

National guys and local beat reporters start saying its young

Panther guys still say a trade down is available

Young meets with Texans

Person reports we like AR and would be a pick if we trade down

thats choppy I admit but if you add that up it kindof does look like we are trying to bait houston to trade

Exactly. That's been clear for a while now. Also the fact that Reich loves AR and now AR also does well on the S2 and that impresses Tepper?!

I'm going to go ahead and say it's going to be AR-15. They would like to get some sprinkles on top just for the sake of it but I think, kinda knowing from far away, Teppers mindset the S2 was the last metric he needed to totally approve AR.

ITS ON!