• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, Stroud, Corral

poundaway

Corral’s arm and athleticism are better than Young and Stroud imo. Doesn’t mean his brain is, but he has tools all day. (My opinion…it’s okay if you see things differently).

He isn’t as accurate, and he was heavy RPO so the reading defenses is a question mark…but the tools are there. 

I see him as a backup option as a guy who isn’t limited physically, is young, and if push comes to shove, if our #1 pulls a Trey Lance, it’s nice having something to fall back on. 

Or get cozy with Andy fuging Dalton. 

The 49ers have shown you can't have enough quality QB's on your roster.  I'd rather keep him then trade him as he's on a rookie deal and we've seen late round QB's end up better than 1st rounders many times before. 

Carolina likes throws darts to see if they can hit the bullseye.  Why not wait to see where the Corral dart ended up hitting.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, Loyalty4Life said:

The 49ers have shown you can't have enough quality QB's on your roster.  I'd rather keep him then trade him as he's on a rookie deal and we've seen late round QB's end up better than 1st rounders many times before. 

Carolina likes throws darts to see if they can hit the bullseye.  Why not wait to see where the Corral dart ended up hitting.

You think we'll keep 3?  I was thinking PS.

• Pie 2

Darin Gantt in his most recent mailbag was asked some quesitons regarding Corral. He essentially said he will benefit from this coaching staff and will be able to learn behind Dalton. In a separate question he brings up Eason and his familiarity with Frank Reich. Says something along the line of he'll be a good practice squad guy.

So at least for Darin Gantt, depth chart is...

Rookie

Dalton

Corral

Eason

• Beer 1