• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING: Bryce Young is head and shoulders in the lead to be #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

13 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m sure the FO with generations of scouting, playing, and coaching experience will take your concerns into consideration

don't you know we're voting on it, which is why it is so important to convince everyone else that they are idiots if they don't agree and vote with me!!!!!!!!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I think this is how the fanbase should look at it. We're in an absolute win-win scenario here...

I agree with you 100%. At first I was all aboard on the Panthers drafting Ohio State's C. J. Stroud because of his size  but after doing a lot of research I determined that Alabama's Bryce Young is at least his equal.

Both QB's have outstanding but different elite talents that I feel balance out, so it will probably come down to the system the Panthers want to install long term to determine which QB they select.

No matter which outstanding QB the Panthers select I feel it will be a win-win for them and the fans.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, rayzor said:

it seems like the big issue is Young's lack of bigness, but in every other facet it seems that Young is the better prospect and so the decision is whether or not Youngs many other boxes that he checks outweighs his lack of weight. it's looking like they are starting to come to the conclusion that he's big enough for the job. 

i've said for weeks, people in both camps need to get used to the idea that the guy they would rather not have will be the guy that we draft. find peace now. it's for your own good.

Thats been the issue from the jump with stroud a close second and hopefully he could be coached up to be a better pro.  The issue has never been is young the better guy its always been about the size.  You can coach and correct Strouds issues but youngs will be there his entire (short) career

1 hour ago, Fenrir said:

I think this is how the fanbase should look at it. We're in an absolute win-win scenario here...

absolutely. i hope we're never in this situation again, but since we're in it i don't think there's a better dilemma to have. whoever we pick, especially if it's either young or stroud, we can count on to be an absolute stud for years.

and if they think it's AR, then giddyup because if any coaching staff can take all that potential and help him reach it, it's us.

2 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m sure the FO with generations of scouting, playing, and coaching experience will take your concerns into consideration

Okay. Don’t know why you are being antagonistic since I wasn’t responding to anyone and was just voicing a thought on a forum I am free to do so. But you do you. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

don't you know we're voting on it, which is why it is so important to convince everyone else that they are idiots if they don't agree and vote with me!!!!!!!!

Literally had no sarcasm or animosity behind what I posted. I do not care, at this point, who we draft but I just posted a thought and get an unneeded sarcastic response. When I wasn’t even looking for a response. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Counterpoint: the fear of passing on what could be a game-changing QB (think 2009 Stephen Curry for basketball) could be even more real

No offense, but the Curry comparisons I see are terrible. Curry is a relatively tall PG at 6’3”. The major hesitations around him were never size related, it was his athleticism and level of competition. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

No offense, but the Curry comparisons I see are terrible. Curry is a relatively tall PG at 6’3”. The major hesitations around him were never size related, it was his athleticism and level of competition. 

Yeah 6'3" PG's are common in the NBA, he's more like a Muggsy Bogues

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Okay. Don’t know why you are being antagonistic since I wasn’t responding to anyone and was just voicing a thought on a forum I am free to do so. But you do you. 

Okay. I am voicing a thought about your thought on a forum as I am free to do. But you do you.

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery