• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited?

Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited about it?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. topic

• I am excited, and I have accepted it
    • I am not excited, but I have concede that BY will be our QB
    • I am still in denial and think he won't be the pick - THE BETTING SITES REMOVING THE PANTHERS PICK, THE REPORTS ETC ARE A MASSIVE SMOKESCREEN!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 02:51 AM

56 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Meh, I haven't accepted it yet...but am preparing for it.

Not only do I think Stroud will be the best of this class, but he'll have one heck of a chip on his shoulder.

Don't you think Bryce will have a chip,

Given the amount of disrespect he's been receiving about his stature?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Manna said:

Let’s just say I think very little of him as a football player. 

Bada Ching  Well done sir. Bravo to your bravery. For tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows. Than to admit we may draft a JV QB. 

Now it may be a lot of fun while it lasts. I mean good things come in small packages and all.

8 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Don't you think Bryce will have a chip,

Given the amount of disrespect he's been receiving about his stature?

And it is all deserved. He is going to be the smallest guy on the field. He knows it. We know it. The football ppl know it. Hard to be a chip when it's a fact. I guess he could have a chip with the parents for not getting him a few more inches on the height thingy.

The Bryce ppl have to stop protecting the guys height. It ain't a secret. He tiny. It's ok for you to say that.

Edit to add, It seems like a stretch to have a chip when you were the 1st pick. Or is that just me?

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 2

I was good with just accepting who the staff picked as it has alway been out of my hands. I leaned Stroud mainly based on prototypical build, etc….  

That said the group assembled on Mint street seems very capable in their ability to evaluate and come to a competent conclusion unlike the previous regime. Can’t wait for draft and training camp.  

• Pie 2

I'm not excited about it at all to be honest, but I've come to accept it.  Young isn't a short QB, he is a SMURF QB!!!  To those from fans to the media who think this will have absolutely zero impact on his career as an NFL QB, you all are super confident.  I would say naïve, but I hope you are right.  As for me, he only has one year to prove himself worthy.  If he struggles mightily in his first year, particular if the struggles relate to his size, I might have to consider putting in my Panthers card for a bit.  Especially if Stroud has success.  I mentioned it in another thread I did, if Young fails and Stroud explodes on the field, I'm done as a Panthers fan.

45 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

will someone please tell Fitt and Reich that height is by far the most important feature for a QB, because they seem to be wasting their time on traits like ability to read a D, accuracy, and escapability. Fugging idiots!

angry mark sheppard GIF

And people seem to forget that Cam had all sorts of batted passes. Never mind it wasn’t a factor for Bryce in the SEC which is loaded with NFL defensive talent. Never mind he’s only 10 pounds lighter than CJ despite being 4 inches shorter, never mind there’s been nfl QBs the same size that were fine.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

will someone please tell Fitt and Reich that height is by far the most important feature for a QB, because they seem to be wasting their time on traits like ability to read a D, accuracy, and escapability. Fugging idiots!

angry mark sheppard GIF

I don’t think they are mutually exclusive in any way. I think it would have been awesome if Young was bigger. Sounds like the Young crowd thinks he’s perfect and wouldn’t want him bigger even if it was possible. 

I think this is the biggest misconception, thinking the only reason someone prefers Stroud is because he’s taller. Complete dismissing his accuracy, taking snaps under center, ability to read a defense etc. 

• Pie 1