• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good news from the presser

ladypanther

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Useless nugget... a good childhood friend of mine was married to the guy who wrote that song at the time he wrote it. 

I have an uncle that partied with Jimmy Buffet on more than 1 occasion.  He told us he was the biggest dick you could imagine.  

This uncle owned multiple bars/clubs in Myrtle Beach back in the day and is like one of coolest people I know.  I trust his judgment 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Fitt said that Tepper is letting himself and Frank make the decision about the QB pick.  Hope this is 100% true and love hearing that.  If true, seems like some growth by Tepper as an owner.  Hire good football people and let them do their job. What an idea.

I mean, that's what Tepper has been doing all along. His mistake was giving full control to a college coach who couldn't make the transition from the NCAA to the NFL.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I mean, that's what Tepper has been doing all along. His mistake was giving full control to a college coach who couldn't make the transition from the NCAA to the NFL.

He made a bad hire.  College coaches to the NFL work out rarely.  His second round of hirings has been close to immaculate IMO.  He’s a quick learner 

• Pie 8

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I tend to take Jimmy Buffets approach and say it's 5 o'clock somewhere. 

Well, I wasn't going to say it, but my drink to this was my second.  But that takes some of the celebratory spirit out of it.

As does the fact that I will drink to almost anything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

We are not picking young frank and offensive coordinator like Richardson others like stroud from an inside source. It’s the media pushing Bryce to one supporting the smokescreen we put out on day one of the trade saying we were willing to trade down to number 2  has good as young is you don’t wager his 180 pound frame against the franchise 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

He also said we still haven't made a decision and no one told Young he was the pick.

But I do believe that Tepper trusts these guys he hired.

Young is the pick. The sooner we all prepare ourselves for that, the better it will be. All this media noise and betting lines are not a coincidence. It’s happening. Gird your loins.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Rumor has it that Tepper wanted Justin Fields and this desperately QB needy team instead picked a CB so knows if this is good or bad 

Well Jaycee is a fuging stud so there is that. And it turns out that we get Horn AND the best QB in this draft. Good times!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

He made a bad hire.  College coaches to the NFL work out rarely.  His second round of hirings has been close to immaculate IMO.  He’s a quick learner 

Which is why he’s one of the most successful, richest men on the entire planet. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well Jaycee is a fuging stud so there is that. And it turns out that we get Horn AND the best QB in this draft. Good times!

He is a stud when on the field, but he has missed more than half of the games since he was drafted, that is a problem. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

There was a point when Fitterer was talking about Young as if "this is what we will do."  Instead of "this is what we would do..."  His verbs were not really speculative (modal) and they were in the future tense.  They really weren't said with "if" to demonstrate a conditional situation.  So he was either careless with his verbiage or his grammar ain't none two good.

Yes, I am digging through the trash to find evidence. 

I noticed it. I'm also not going to give it much weight. 

Did you see what I did there?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I haven’t seen anything except media bull that has Tepper as a meddling owner.  He includes people he trusts in interviews but he has always said he will let the football people make these decisions.  

Tepper is a great owner and I disagree with people saying otherwise.  He wants to win

My issue with Tepper in the past has never been that he was too hands on.

The problem was that he trusted the wrong people. That's the same thing that ultimately doomed Jerry Richardson before him.

(well, that and blue jeans) 😕

Putting your faith in the wrong people is a cardinal sin in the NFL. It's done in a lot of franchises.

Just a mistake that you cannot afford to make...

• Beer 3

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

My issue with Tepper in the past has never been that he was too hands on.

The problem was that he trusted the wrong people. That's the same thing that ultimately doomed Jerry Richardson before him.

(well, that and blue jeans) 😕

Putting your faith in the wrong people is a cardinal sin in the NFL. It's done in a lot of franchises.

Just a mistake that you cannot afford to make...

I give him a lot of credit for fixing those mistakes though. He’s been firing or not promoting (Drummond) a number of formerly trusted people. It’s seems he at least recognizes when someone isn’t helping and is willing to move on from them regardless of what it means for his personal relationships.