• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young scored 98 out of 99 on his S2 cognitive test

TheSpecialJuan

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's not like grading a paper A-F. It's like comparing scores of all the players in the database which is like 370 qb's or so. So 50 isn't a moron, it's average. I wish they'd just release some beta version online people could try it out but they're still trying to sell it to half the teams in the league. The guy was also wording things very carefully so that it's not the end all be all if a guy will be good or bust. If Purdy hadn't came out and done so well I don't think it would be getting this much hype

It would be interesting to see how guys with all the physical tools but overall bad QBs scored on it. (eg. Sam Darnold)

On 12/11/2022 at 6:42 PM, Varking said:

This is what it is. The back of his jersey somehow got folded exactly where the middle of the 8 should be. 

2 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

I had a preference for Stroud over Young (although I would have been happy with either quarterback).   But if this score is true for Stroud there is no way we take him and I doubt Houston does. 

You never know with this stuff but this is a processing test. Look at the failed Ohio State QBs in the NFL - they haven't been able to process as passers. I've long said that you have to wonder if QBs with elite skill level talent in college can adjust to what open windows actually are in the NFL. Look at what Ohio State has produced at the WR spot, it's absurd. QB's job isn't hard when they've got studs like Harrison, Olave, Wilson, etc.

11 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Jesus thats a hit piece on stroud

“Stroud scored 18,” an executive said. “That is like red alert, red alert, you can’t take a guy like that. That is why I have Stroud as a bust. That in conjunction with the fact, name one Ohio State quarterback that’s ever done it in the league.”

When another executive was informed that Stroud scored extremely low, he said that it confirmed what he had seen on tape.

“That was my concern with him,” the scout said. “His personality is just sort of calm and mellow and laidback, and that’s the way he plays. You look at how Bryce Young plays and how Stroud plays, I don’t see how anyone can look at those two play football and you’d want that guy (Stroud) over Young. Bryce’s mind is so quick and he processes so fast. Whereas with Stroud, everything is much, much more programmed.”

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus thats a hit piece on stroud

“Stroud scored 18,” an executive said. “That is like red alert, red alert, you can’t take a guy like that. That is why I have Stroud as a bust. That in conjunction with the fact, name one Ohio State quarterback that’s ever done it in the league.”

When another executive was informed that Stroud scored extremely low, he said that it confirmed what he had seen on tape.

“That was my concern with him,” the scout said. “His personality is just sort of calm and mellow and laidback, and that’s the way he plays. You look at how Bryce Young plays and how Stroud plays, I don’t see how anyone can look at those two play football and you’d want that guy (Stroud) over Young. Bryce’s mind is so quick and he processes so fast. Whereas with Stroud, everything is much, much more programmed.”

I fins that interesting because I don't think laid bad and calm is bad thing. We got an interesting test case for sure.