• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Gotcha. So Breer got it wrong. That's unusual for him but it would have been secondhand information.

Hey, that's me 😡

(or so it's been suggested) 😐

you have moments of clarity and slightly above average knowledgeable posts.   Fowler has been utter poo for literal decades his dad was even worse.

I soured on the charlotte observer a long long time ago when they didnt go after shinn hard back in the day

4rth time on here posting this story but it completely and utterly made me turn on the observer

Ive told this story on here before but in in the early 2000's after a panther game my friends and I ran into Tom Sorenson of the Charlotte Observer at the southend brewery.  He sat with us for a while and at some point he was asked directly about why the CO wasnt more critical of Jerry Richardson.   He basically said Charlotte is a nice quiet southern town and the people here didnt want those types of stories or those types of reporters/columnists that cause drama.  I am obviously paraphrasing but we asked about why the paper wasnt going after shinn and the hornets harder as well when he was going through his troubles and all the crappy moves they made.  He just said there is not an audience for that.   We argued and argued and he just didnt understand.  Maybe he was playing dumb but I remember being incredulous at the time that the people in the media thought that asking hard questions would turn off readers

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The one thing I would say is that Bob McGinn isn't typically someone I would expect to leak information like this.

And yeah, it is a test. Not the same as live football...

Bob McGinn has released Wonderlic scores of quarterbacks every year going back to the early 2000s, including many times where he was the first person to reveal said scores. every year some player gets outed as having a bad score and the whispers get louder in the last week before the draft. about as often as not the information is being revealed by Bob McGinn. it's my least favorite thing about his prospect rankings every year. I get why he does it but yes, you should absolutely expect him to leak this kind of stuff.

I hate that this is being released right now, and the manner in which it is being done. it smells like a hit job in the days leading up to the draft. just gives me a feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone is being torpedoed. Stroud has the tape of a top pick. for all the talk NFL teams do of "the tape is what's important," they often seem quite happy to have a standardized test to fall back on to make judgments that supersede tape.

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Levis gonna be the second qb drafted!!! Good for him!

This place will explode if they do not take Young.  They will sound like Jets fans with all the booing and predictions of failure for whoever is taken.  As much as I love Young I'm still not 100% sure he's the pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you have moments of clarity and slightly above average knowledgeable posts.   Fowler has been utter poo for literal decades his dad was even worse.

I soured on the charlotte observer a long long time ago when they didnt go after shinn hard back in the day

4rth time on here posting this story but it completely and utterly made me turn on the observer

Ive told this story on here before but in in the early 2000's after a panther game my friends and I ran into Tom Sorenson of the Charlotte Observer at the southend brewery.  He sat with us for a while and at some point he was asked directly about why the CO wasnt more critical of Jerry Richardson.   He basically said Charlotte is a nice quiet southern town and the people here didnt want those types of stories or those types of reporters/columnists that cause drama.  I am obviously paraphrasing but we asked about why the paper wasnt going after shinn and the hornets harder as well when he was going through his troubles and all the crappy moves they made.  He just said there is not an audience for that.   We argued and argued and he just didnt understand.  Maybe he was playing dumb but I remember being incredulous at the time that the people in the media thought that asking hard questions would turn off readers

Pretty sure The Observer came under new ownership In the last few years. 

Columnists aside, I'd say the reporting I've seen from Mike Kaye and the unfortunately departing Ellis Williams has been absolutely stellar.

Lol oof. Bryce it is then. I don't put a ton of stock into a test like this, film is most important. But that big of a difference for players who were pretty close in game film anyways. Bryce is the guy. 

Edited by t96
  • Beer 4

3 minutes ago, vorbis said:

Bob McGinn has released Wonderlic scores of quarterbacks every year going back to the early 2000s, including many times where he was the first person to reveal said scores. every year some player gets outed as having a bad score and the whispers get louder in the last week before the draft. about as often as not the information is being revealed by Bob McGinn. it's my least favorite thing about his prospect rankings every year. I get why he does it but yes, you should absolutely expect him to leak this kind of stuff.

I hate that this is being released right now, and the manner in which it is being done. it smells like a hit job in the days leading up to the draft. just gives me a feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone is being torpedoed. Stroud has the tape of a top pick. for all the talk NFL teams do of "the tape is what's important," they often seem quite happy to have a standardized test to fall back on to make judgments that supersede tape.

Hadn't seen that from him before, but admittedly over the last few years I've only typically read stories from McGinn that pertained to the Panthers.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure The Observer came under new ownership In the last few years. 

Columnists aside, I'd say the reporting I've seen from Mike Kaye and the unfortunately departing Ellis Williams has been absolutely stellar.

I dont read the site anymore and only read what gets posted on here.  I take your word for it but the CO was utter poo for literally decades.  I mean for fugs sake we had other cities newspaper covering shinn and his issues and shitty trades more in depth then our local guys.  When you have to go to the philly inquirer or the ny post to get info on your team something is wrong

11 minutes ago, vorbis said:

Yeah. Very well could be leaked by the Texans or some other top team to prep their fanbase for passing on him. Who knows?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotcha. So Breer got it wrong. That's unusual for him but it would have been secondhand information.

Hey, that's me 😡

(or so it's been suggested) 😐

Don't know which one got it wrong, but one of the two definitely did.