• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN lays off employees, with more cuts to come

ladypanther

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

ESPN has been garbage for over a decade.  I would not even care if they ceased to exist because is stopped watching that channel over a decade ago. I have it blocked on my streaming package just to cut down on the channels I have to skip over. Good riddance.

This. I loved ESPN back in my younger days. My TV was on with ESPN playing in the background pretty much constantly during my college years. It was basically just SportsCenter and live sports. Then YouTube basically killed SportsCenter and ESPN evolved into live sports and shoes with morons just screaming at each other about things mildly sports related. Hell, half the time you try to watch a live sporting event on ESPN they're trying to do split screen graphics with their announcers or some idiotic stats or something.

Yeah, ESPN fuging sucks and the sports world and world at large would be better off if it just died at this point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

The only thing Disney needs to lay off is those high price hikes on their already overpriced menu in the parks as well as lay off those increases on the tickets into said parks. Try laying off some of that first. Disney is one greed driven monster that's for sure.

I disagree

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

ESPN has been garbage for over a decade.  I would not even care if they ceased to exist because is stopped watching that channel over a decade ago. I have it blocked on my streaming package just to cut down on the channels I have to skip over. Good riddance.

The only reason I have it is because of the few games they have rights to I cannot get anywhere else. 

ESPN should reign in the talk shows and broadcast actual sporting events for most of the day. Or create a bunch of shows centered around athleticism/reality stuff like how MTV has 'The Challenge. Then Sportscenter at night to recap. Most of the network is people talking to each other all day. I remember 10 years ago when First Take was must see TV. The 'hot take' was a new concept. Its not 2010 anyway and now all of their shows are garbage and cheesy and why on earth is Kendrick Perkins on TV.

12 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

I disagree

With the price hikes into the magic kingdom and other parks of theirs? How come? They have nearly priced out hard working middle class families and are currently making it to the point that daddy must be a CEO just to take a family vacation there. I understand raising prices to go along with the price of everything else in society but look at their price raising over the past 20 years versus the average salary raise and you will see an enormous difference. They are not hurting for money at all. I see it as greed driven by far. It's their company and their right to do as they please but it is also others rights to say to heck with it and choose other vacation destinations of course as well. 

Robert Mays and Mike Tice’s son are the best thing going. Just fun dudes that own their faults and are having a good time getting the best guests possible on tAFS. Other good ones around as well. Kollman gives it his all, The 33rd, a bunch of solid outlets.

Monopolized TV based sports media is background noise at the gym.