• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Fitterer and Reich would have the courage to say no Tepper?

posthumecaver

My opinion Panthers is taking huge risk with Bryce Young.

Not that he can’t play ( I wished that he would not play behind Alabama‘s OL so we could really know he can play or not)(don‘t come to me with the argument that he is an Heisman winner is, Chris Weinke was also, we all saw how well that worked out for Panthers) my real concern, it is nearly certain with that frame he will experience a major injury and will be out for a while, so can Panthers afford him sitting out  1 or 2 seasons because of injury because of such an investment.

Which bring us to my point, one of the biggest reason to fire a GM or HC in NFL if number one pick will not work out. Even the Fitterer and Reich will not believe Bryce Young will not work out, by not opposing hard enough, they could always say, hey boss, you forced us to make the pick why do you blame us. They have the perfect blanket.

I really like to think they would stand up if they would not believe that is not the best interest of the Panthers but to say the truth, as an employee I am not sure I would.

• Poo 9

Of course, Tepper probably encourages then to speak their minds and be honest. If you’re asking if Tepper told them to do something would they say no?  Not unless it was illegal/unethical.  I doubt Tepper is going to put them in a position they have to say no. If it’s about QBs, that’s their decision, Tepper isn’t going to tell or insinuate they should take someone they don’t want. 

2 hours ago, posthumecaver said:

My opinion Panthers is taking huge risk with Bryce Young.

Not that he can’t play ( I wished that he would not play behind Alabama‘s OL so we could really know he can play or not)(don‘t come to me with the argument that he is an Heisman winner is, Chris Weinke was also, we all saw how well that worked out for Panthers) my real concern, it is nearly certain with that frame he will experience a major injury and will be out for a while, so can Panthers afford him sitting out  1 or 2 seasons because of injury because of such an investment.

Which bring us to my point, one of the biggest reason to fire a GM or HC in NFL if number one pick will not work out. Even the Fitterer and Reich will not believe Bryce Young will not work out, by not opposing hard enough, they could always say, hey boss, you forced us to make the pick why do you blame us. They have the perfect blanket.

I really like to think they would stand up if they would not believe that is not the best interest of the Panthers but to say the truth, as an employee I am not sure I would.

Their offensive line was kind of trash.

• Pie 6

If you've been around a boss like Tepper, you'd already know the answer to your question.

Reich/Fitterer are going to make the pick. Tepper may have his preference, but at the end of the day, he hired them to make decisions just like this. It's their job. 

Likewise, I'm sure they understand that they need to make the right pick. If their pick at QB doesn't make the franchise markedly better, they'll have to answer for it. It's just simple accountability.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Heard an interview stating Alabamas line was 115 of 130 in 2021 when young won the Heisman so saying that he played behind Alabamas oline and didn't get pressured doesn't hold water. Still wouldn't be my choice but your assertion isn't accurate. 

Believe it was noted they were ranked 121st last year

• Pie 3