• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

18 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

This kid is spitting 100% Facts

these tests are dumb widgets

there’s no test for 6’2

there’s no test for arm strength

the tape doesn’t lie. He was processing just fine as he was cooking the Georgia Bulldogs

Should have kept Darnold then if you like physical traits. Apart from that Georgia game he’s had pretty terrible numbers under pressure. If we’re gonna go off 1 big game as a QBs benchmark Nick Foles would be a franchise guy 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

and very dumb

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Bummer he has to defend himself from these attacks on his intelligence. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

It’s already been stated that cognitive testing doesn’t test IQ. The jabs at his intelligence is literally the pot calling the kettle black 

He didn't do well on some metric so he didn't want to release his score.  Its the same reason why Young only weighed in at the combine, or Stroud didn't run the 40. 

Young took a ton of flack around here for only weighing in. 

These players are trying to hide their flaws and show their strengths to maximize draft position.  Who can blame them?

If Stroud becomes our QB, then I'll wish him the best.

But it looks like he'll end up on a competitor, in which case I won't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm a fan, but I echo others in saying that a few of his answers to questions have made me cringe a little 😬

All he had to do was say something along the lines that tests aren't football and he would prove any doubters wrong when he plays in the fall. He could even had thrown in a line about still being on schedule to graduate with his degree whenever he decides to finish college.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A year ago nobody on this board had ever heard of the s2 and now its treated as gospel.  Funny how that works

I remember seeing some reports about the S2 the last couple years and that some teams liked the new(er) test. But it didn't blow up in the news until Purdy and his success last fall. That of course, made the media go ham over the S2.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I remember seeing some reports about the S2 the last couple years and that some teams liked the new(er) test. But it didn't blow up in the news until Purdy and his success last fall. That of course, made the media go ham over the S2.

It's been in use for awhile. And like you said when the media found out it was some raw meat to chew on. Teams use it as one of the tools to help evaluate players at certain positions ( i.e. safety, qb, lb maybe) that require certain traits the help them succeed.  Not all teams put much stock in it but some do. Apparently we are one that does.

• Beer 1