• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Tepper has become a major asset for the Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

dudes a fugging billionaire that loves football and owns a team, he's made it very clear that he wants to win super bowls, he's made mistakes and learned from them and is clearly trying to steer the team in the right direction.

who are you?

Great response from a nut hugging Tepper lover who probably was calling for his head last year. Go worship your overlord billionaires you clown ass 

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

Nah, way too big of an easily-avoidable hole to dig out of so quickly. May be trending in the right direction though.

51 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't know how you can't see a difference since rhule has been fired. 

But that on you. Open you eyes, pay attention,  and let go of the past. Everyone makes mistakes, stop acting holier-than-thou.

Almost like I noted in my original post quoted above... weird.

46 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

I feel bad for the haters…what’s it like being so unhappy all the time?

Since when does being objective automatically mean being unhappy? It's certainly not the case for me.

Edited by KSpan

26 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Great response from a nut hugging Tepper lover who probably was calling for his head last year. Go worship your overlord billionaires you clown ass 

bro I don't love or hate anyone that I don't know or whose decisions don't affect my personal life. it ain't that serious.

Tepper earned the position he is in, and it's a breath of fresh air to have an owner that is involved and so adamant about winning. nobody is perfect. Admitting mistakes and hiring people to help give us the best shot to win is all I can ask for as a fan of his product.

the only clown here is the dude hating on a message board during his lunch break. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't know how you can't see a difference since rhule has been fired. 

But that on you. Open you eyes, pay attention,  and let go of the past. Everyone makes mistakes, stop acting holier-than-thou.

If you see three people ride a bike down a very steep hill and all three of them bottomed out and busted their ass, and then you saw a fourth person do the same thing and then get up and said he learned his lesson, would you call that him making a mistake, or would he just be a dumbass?

Edited by onmyown
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

If you see three people ride a bike down a very steep hill and all three of them bottomed out and busted their ass, and then you saw a fourth person do the same thing and then get up and said he learned his lesson, would you call that him making a mistake, or would he just be a dumbass?

Oh, this is good poo here... does it stick to the wall??

48 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

I think that's what most folks are saying...at least those who think positively of the circumstances. No one is saying he's a great owner or even a great asset (except for the tweet referenced) just yet, but things appear to be heading in the right direction.

It's okay to express optimism.

I just remember the optimism expressed during the Rhule hire. 

Let's not start taking the victory lap while we are still in the consolation prize group.

When we pick 27th -- 32nd in the draft for three years running, now we're talking...

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

bro I don't love or hate anyone that I don't know or whose decisions don't affect my personal life. it ain't that serious.

Tepper earned the position he is in, and it's a breath of fresh air to have an owner that is involved and so adamant about winning. nobody is perfect. Admitting mistakes and hiring people to help give us the best shot to win is all I can ask for as a fan of his product.

the only clown here is the dude hating on a message board during his lunch break. 

Same, then next time don't act all self righteous and act like just because someone doesn't have a billi in the bank they ain't ish check your self. Leave it at that 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, this talk about being able to save money on offense now that we have this solution at QB freeing us up to focus on D gives me PTSD style flashbacks of the mistake we made doing exactly that with Cam. At least we have an OL in place this time around. 

Yeah we don't even have a WR1 or TE1 honestly.  Our offense will need more weapons down the road.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, this talk about being able to save money on offense now that we have this solution at QB freeing us up to focus on D gives me PTSD style flashbacks of the mistake we made doing exactly that with Cam. At least we have an OL in place this time around. 

But Tepper's an asset now, so he must be right.

Maybe you forgot about the biggest leaguewide scandal in at least two decades that rocked the NFL to its core.....when Nicole Tepper forgot to do a mandatory compliance training.  I mean, it generated 15-20 pages worth of scathing commentary on the Huddle about how dysfunctional of an organization Tepper is running.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you zeroed in on that too. Well, if it makes you feel better, we did go out and get some value at the receiver position. Sure, one is nearing the wrong side of 30, one has a huge question mark regarding injury history, and another hasn't actually played lights out (but didn't have too due to superior talent in front of him), but unlike the Gettleman era, we haven't been barrel scrapers now that Fitt's on the job. Add in Sanders and the potential of TMJ, as well as depth at RB, we should have a credible offense. 

I will be disappointed if we don't add another pass catcher though.

At the end of the day, Fitt ain't Dollar Store Dave. And I don't think Tepper (or Fitt or maybe Reich) are just going to sit on their hands of the offense shows obvious shortcomings season after season. 

If Tepper really wants to show he is learning and improving as an owner he should admit he screwed up switching to turf and bring back the natural grass field. Think of the type of message that would send to not only our own players, but players around the league. Prove you are committed to your players and their health which in turn shows you are committed to giving them the best possible chance to win. Show that you support the players more than the NFL’s corporate greed.

A players best ability is availability.

Edited by Eazy-E