• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

5 minutes ago, chknwing said:

who would you have as GM that would have been available to replace fitt?

Don’t have a name today.  Haven’t put in the work.  

largely just pointing out my belief that Fitt and his scouts might have more to do with stuff than the coaches right now.  

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’m still not super high on Fitt and think we should have had a new GM come in to start the new era.   

Giving away draft capital and making head scratching picks threeyears in a row now.  Matt Corral, Brandon Smith, Deonte Brown, Keith Taylor, Davion Nixon, Tommy Tremble all wasted picks. We should have hired a new GM when we hired the new coaching staff. Tepper is an idiot.

Meh.  Not a huge fan of the pick, but he's a very big and fast run stuffer who will probably be pretty good at setting the edge, something we haven't been great at.  He played both ways and apparently can rise to the occasion.  He played an important roll in the Ohio State upset.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/09/dj-johnson-makes-critical-plays-both-ways-for-oregon-ducks.html

"During the pivotal final minutes, Johnson caught a pass for 11 yards to convert a third down to take critical time off the clock. Following a punt, Johnson sacked Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud on the final play of the game."

Evero wanted him, and he's a late rounder.  Lets see how this plays out.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Giving away draft capital and making head scratching picks threeyears in a row now.  Matt Corral, Brandon Smith, Deonte Brown, Keith Taylor, Davion Nixon, Tommy Tremble all wasted picks. We should have hired a new GM when we hired the new coaching staff. Tepper is an idiot.

Most draft picks for every team don’t make it for long. 

That being said, there are at least three on that list that you are being wildly impatient with. 

I didn't understand the Corral pick at the time, and it doesn't make any kind of sense now. Just tossing away draft capital. I'm hoping we trade Corral to get something back. Ultimately if Young becomes our franchise QB then all is forgiven. Fitt can stay here forever if Young is good. If not, then everyone is getting fired obviously.

Analysis of Fitt by SI…

PICKS BY POSITION

QB (1): Matt Corral

RB (1): Chuba Hubbard

WR (2): Terrace Marshall Jr., Shi Smith

TE (1): Tommy Tremble

FB (0): N/A

OL (4): Brady Christensen, Deonte Brown, Ikem Ekwonu, Cade Mays

DL (3): Daviyon Nixon, Phil Hoskins, Amaré Barno

LB (1): Brandon Smith

CB (3): Jaycee Horn, Keith Taylor, Kalon Barnes

S (0): N/A

K: (0): N/A

P (0): N/A

LS (1): Thomas Fletcher

PICKS WHO ARE FULL-TIME STARTERS (3/17; 17%)

OL Brady Christensen, Ikem Ekwonu

CB Jaycee Horn

PICKS NO LONGER WITH TEAM (3/17; 17%)

DL Daviyon Nixon

CB Kalon Barnes

LS Thomas Fletcher

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

Post-Draft Analysis

A former tight end and 24-year-old prospect, Johnson reminds me of Brian Burns in the way he plays and will fit that same role in the stand-up, outside rusher position. Johnson likely factors in as a rotational pass-rusher out of the gate, but he could continue to develop and push Yetur Gross-Matos opposite Burns. -- Matt Miller

Brian Burns has elite bend and flexibility to be able to dip and get round tackles. That's this guy's worst trait.

Edited by Krovvy

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Brian Burns has elite bend and flexibility to be able to dip and get round tackles. That's this guy's worst trait.

I didn’t say I agreed…I think that is a pretty crazy take and makes me wonder if he even knows the player

Just now, Shocker said:

I didn’t say I agreed…I think that is a pretty crazy take and makes me wonder if he even knows the player

Yeah, I don't think he does. Brian Burns famously has two things, elite flexibility, and burst. This guy's two biggest weaknesses are those two things.

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Analysis of Fitt by SI…

PICKS BY POSITION

QB (1): Matt Corral

RB (1): Chuba Hubbard

WR (2): Terrace Marshall Jr., Shi Smith

TE (1): Tommy Tremble

FB (0): N/A

OL (4): Brady Christensen, Deonte Brown, Ikem Ekwonu, Cade Mays

DL (3): Daviyon Nixon, Phil Hoskins, Amaré Barno

LB (1): Brandon Smith

CB (3): Jaycee Horn, Keith Taylor, Kalon Barnes

S (0): N/A

K: (0): N/A

P (0): N/A

LS (1): Thomas Fletcher

PICKS WHO ARE FULL-TIME STARTERS (3/17; 17%)

OL Brady Christensen, Ikem Ekwonu

CB Jaycee Horn

PICKS NO LONGER WITH TEAM (3/17; 17%)

DL Daviyon Nixon

CB Kalon Barnes

LS Thomas Fletcher

That is 2 drafts,  pretty small sample size there and the last draft we didn’t have hardly any picks

Edited by Shocker