• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Matt Rhule would have buried him just like he did with Corral and we’d be sitting here in the same position with Bryce Young and Howell instead of Corral just hoping he shows enough in preseason to develop some trade value.

I don't disagree at all with the point that Rhule is a clown but Howell played in 1 game last year and only because Wentz and Heinicke got hurt/sucked. It's not like he started a season and got a ton of reps/time. 

31 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Sam Howell is STILL one I had hoped we would take and feel like we missed the boat on. What did they get him for? Was he a sixth round pick? I dont even remember but all I do remember is how disappointed I was that we didnt go after him when he fell so far in the draft.

1st pick of the 5th round 

Just now, KSpan said:

I don't disagree at all with the point that Rhule is a clown but Howell played in 1 game last year and only because Wentz and Heinicke got hurt/sucked. It's not like he started a season and got a ton of reps/time. 

Heinicke had to go to Ron and essentially bench himself and tell Ron that he NEEDS to play Sam Howell, he's that dude. Because as we know Ron gonna Ron. Muh vets and all that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

Matt Rhule would have buried him just like he did with Corral and we’d be sitting here in the same position with Bryce Young and Howell instead of Corral just hoping he shows enough in preseason to develop some trade value.

Probably but sometimes even the biggest idiots cannot keep a potential star from shining. Im not saying Howell is a guaranteed star but he seemed like he had so much upside where he was had by Washington at the time.

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He was so worth that in my opinion. Watch him begin to shine this season

I'm still shocked at how wrong the NFL got that evaluation. It's like they forgot who he was as a player just because he had to turn into a poor man's The Golden Calf of Bristol his final year of college due to losing his entire supporting cast of skill position players to the NFL draft. UNC isn't Bad or UGA or OSU. They can't just bounce right back from that type of talent exodus, the depth of talent just isn't there.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:45 PM, pantherclaw said:

Thank God the QB contracts are finally getting reasonable. 

52 million dollars a year for a Justin Herbert is absolutely insane.  WTF is Burrow gonna get?  60 a year?  Its untenable to have 1 player, regardless of how talented, eat up 25% of your salary cap.  Something has got to give.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm still shocked at how wrong the NFL got that evaluation. It's like they forgot who he was as a player just because he had to turn into a poor man's The Golden Calf of Bristol his final year of college due to losing his entire supporting cast of skill position players to the NFL draft. UNC isn't Bad or UGA or OSU. They can't just bounce right back from that type of talent exodus, the depth of talent just isn't there.

I didnt think he was worth a top 10 pick or probably even a first round one either but he was IMO a damn lock for us to take him in the 4rth or 5th just as another cheap dart to keep throwing at the position. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Sadly, this is probably accurate.

Rhule had the Midass touch. Everything he touched turned to sh-t 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For our part, I know the word was that Corral was McAdoo's pick.

Edited by Mr. Scot

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

52 million dollars a year for a Justin Herbert is absolutely insane.  WTF is Burrow gonna get?  60 a year?  Its untenable to have 1 player, regardless of how talented, eat up 25% of your salary cap.  Something has got to give.

They could do something like the MLS or NBA luxury tax, and give some kind of QB position exemption on the salary cap. Like 50% is not counted towards the cap space. Of course, the owners probably wouldn't like it because that's more money out of their pockets, because they don't make enough money on tv deals, tickets, merchandise, food, etc...

Edited by Louie
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Why did I read Wentz and Heinicke as Weinke?