• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Andy Reid made 4 nfc championship games and one superbowl you dolt.  He has always been considered one of the best current coaches?

Surprised you responded you been pooing me all day. Nice to know you're not a bot.

Back to your question nobody isn't saying he isn't a good coach. Im simply saying he just started getting this hype as an alltime great coach because he started winning SB's. He was known in Philly for getting them to the NFC Championship but he could never get them over the hump. Philly moved on from him for that reason. What good is it to get to the NFC Championship game and not advance?

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Belicheck overrated HC. Got lucky with Brady. His draft classes are just as bad if not worse than the panthers if you take out the extremely lucky TB12 6th rounder. 

His drafting is terrible but made up for with shrewd bargain free agent signings and trades that have fit his systems. Having Brady on a cheap deal later in his career was big but the first 3 Super Bowls he could've won with a dozen other game managers at QB. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

@mrcompletely11 and @CamWhoaaCam

Y'all need to quit carrying this stupid pissing match into every fugging thread.

Seriously stop it or I'll give you both the boot and I won't think twice about it.

I don't care who the bigger asshat is, you both keep it going and you both need to stop. I'm getting reports from other posters about it so it's not just me that is overly annoyed at you two.

The next time I see it from either one of you, you're gone.

Porter Reaction GIF by CBC

Sir Yes Sir GIF - Sir Yes Sir Yes Sir - Discover & Share GIFs

4 hours ago, t96 said:

His drafting is terrible but made up for with shrewd bargain free agent signings and trades that have fit his systems. Having Brady on a cheap deal later in his career was big but the first 3 Super Bowls he could've won with a dozen other game managers at QB. 

He is a first ballot HOF coach and his Super Bowl wins are second to none. All I’m saying is I don’t know how many super bowls he wins if Brady isn’t there. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Has Hopkins signing with Tennessee been discussed? Sorry not reading the fight pages.

Seems like Tennessee is where old WRs go to retire. Julio first and now Hopkins. Seems like maybe they should have just stuck with AJ Brown. They haven’t really had a lot of success lately in GM department.

There’s a lot of guys who are surprisingly still available. Many of them are big names but most seem like they still have something in the tank. Will be interesting to see if some take low ball offers or just say call me when guys get hurt.

7 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Belicheck overrated HC. Got lucky with Brady. His draft classes are just as bad if not worse than the panthers if you take out the extremely lucky TB12 6th rounder. 

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Someone gets it!

Been saying this for years. It's amazing how these HC's get so much credit when it's clearly because of the QB.

Andy Reid is the best HC in football now because he has Mahomes. Can someone explain to me why Andy Reid wasn't getting this same hype in Philly?

NFL is a players league. Head coaches matter, but they don't make your franchise if they don't have a legit QB.

These narratives are so silly, especially in the case of Belichick. You do not have that amount of success off the back of one player without a good coach. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Verge said:

These narratives are so silly, especially in the case of Belichick. You do not have that amount of success off the back of one player without a good coach. 

Belicheck’s resume and accolades speak for themselves. So do the numerous allegations of cheating and bending the rules. I think Belicheck is really good at defensive playcalling and managing a team with established superstars. Kinda like Phil Jackson (even tho he was an offensive coach). 

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

@mrcompletely11 and @CamWhoaaCam

Y'all need to quit carrying this stupid pissing match into every fugging thread.

Seriously stop it or I'll give you both the boot and I won't think twice about it.

I don't care who the bigger asshat is, you both keep it going and you both need to stop. I'm getting reports from other posters about it so it's not just me that is overly annoyed at you two.

The next time I see it from either one of you, you're gone.

Porter Reaction GIF by CBC

I swear the board was starting to feel a drama show for guys like wrasslin is now....

9 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Seems like Tennessee is where old WRs go to retire. Julio first and now Hopkins. Seems like maybe they should have just stuck with AJ Brown. They haven’t really had a lot of success lately in GM department.

There’s a lot of guys who are surprisingly still available. Many of them are big names but most seem like they still have something in the tank. Will be interesting to see if some take low ball offers or just say call me when guys get hurt.

I heard they fired the GM over the aj brown deal. Varbel was PISSSSSSSSED OFF that the gm didnt want to pay brown and then when nuked after he traded him (plus the return was awful). Owner got wind of allll this and choose a new GM....

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, 4Corners said:

He is a first ballot HOF coach and his Super Bowl wins are second to none. All I’m saying is I don’t know how many super bowls he wins if Brady isn’t there. 

It's both. Yes Brady won another without Bill but frankly he went to an absolutely stacked team that went all in in the short term for him and also had a very good coach in Arians. Brady may have never even developed into a franchise QB without Belichick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

It's both. Yes Brady won another without Bill but frankly he went to an absolutely stacked team that went all in in the short term for him and also had a very good coach in Arians. Brady may have never even developed into a franchise QB without Belichick.

I agree with that. 

Plus, for both Hoodie and Brady, if Marshawn Lynch gets one more carry and/or Atlanta decides extending the lead back to two scores and draining the Pats of timeouts with 4:00 left and the ball on the Pat 22, the narrative gets a lot different.  The road from 6-3 in Owls to 4-5 is pretty short.  And we haven't even mentioned what happens if Kasey's kickoff does not go out of bounds (and we will never know how that might have ended).

What was arguably their most talented team was shut down by the Giants.

I'm not diminishing where they sit in NFL history, with nine Owl appearances in 18 years and six wins, but those wins are a combination of great game plans, clutch QB performances, some solid defensive performances, buffoonery on the opposing sidelines, a little luck, and some sidestepping the rules.  The tenure alone is impressive in the salary cap era, because there is a lot of retooling involved while maintaining that level of play. 

• Pie 1