• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

18 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

When you show up for interviews and the first thing you do is hand out a legal notice that you won’t talk about the gun thing….red flag. 

I’m a little shocked they would even think about taking him with the miles situation as well. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Wanderlai said:

Watch them draft Miller because of fit with Melo then Melo doesn’t sign…..Hornets gonna Hornet 

This is an excellent point. There is no guarantee Melo resigns with the Hornets, so what’s the point of Miller? Where as if they draft scoot, they get best player available and IF Melo does leave, they have scoot to replace him. If Melo doesn’t leave and they take scoot, oh no we have two all stars *sarcasm* we play Melo and scoot and have terrific guards. 

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

This is an excellent point. There is no guarantee Melo resigns with the Hornets, so what’s the point of Miller? Where as if they draft scoot, they get best player available and IF Melo does leave, they have scoot to replace him. If Melo doesn’t leave and they take scoot, oh no we have two all stars *sarcasm* we play Melo and scoot and have terrific guards. 

Word is Melo wants to resign. Ya can't have two guards who don't play defense and win. Neither play defense well (scoot or melo) it just isn't going to work. 

Scoot was likely never to be the pick because of that alone. 

Drafting scoot means Melo plays the two and scoot plays the 1. That's just not a winnable position defensively. 

Lastly most teams have them rated the same or scoot slightly higher because of athleticism but put most teams at 2 and unless guard was a major sore spot, they gonna take Miller over him. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

Scoot based on his play, interviews, and work habits is going to be a star. The kid has the X factor and is driven. Crazy how MJ can’t see some of himself in Scoot but that explains why he has been the worst owner in all of sports. 

I keep hearing this but Scoot playing on cruise control last year is what opened it up to debate to begin with

Scoot is the best G-League prospect behind Wemby while Miller is most likely the best NCAA player. G League players are miles ahead of your regular NCAA players. People trying to dog on Scoot's stats don't realize he meets 5 defenders almost every time he enters the paint. The guy is still dunking on 6'9" players and scoring at will. I still think we are taking Scoot just like the media has us taking C.J Stroud and Will Levis lmao.

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

I keep seeing that Scoot has some sort of extra drive, lives in the gym, loves the grind, however you want to characterize it. However, 2 stats that are practice/repetition stats for a 6’2 PG: 3pt% and ft%, he’s way below baseline. And he doesn’t have the excuse of being in school and having to split his time going to classes. It doesn’t add up to me.

Now, go watch that vid of Miller swishing 3 after 3. That doesn’t happen without long hours my dudes. He’s a natural shooter who also works on his craft, you can just tell.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I keep seeing that Scoot has some sort of extra drive, lives in the gym, loves the grind, however you want to characterize it. However, 2 stats that are practice/repetition stats for a 6’2 PG: 3pt% and ft%, he’s way below baseline. And he doesn’t have the excuse of being in school and having to split his time going to classes. It doesn’t add up to me.

Now, go watch that vid of Miller swishing 3 after 3. That doesn’t happen without long hours my dudes. He’s a natural shooter who also works on his craft, you can just tell.

Hard to compare them directly with these stats. NCAA 3 point line is closer and they only do one free throw at the line in the G league.

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Scoot fans why didn't you pie this video?

Im noticing people assuming Scoot is the better talent. Could it be Miller is just a better talent?

6'9 wing who has guard skills and can shoot the lights out vs a 6'2 rim attacking guard with questionable shooting.

Looking at it from a GM perpesctive I can see why most favor Brandon Miller.