• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers-Charlotte current stadium agreement ends.

ladypanther

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

uhh dude you know that Charlotte almost has twice the population than Atlanta, right?  Also, Charlotte is almost 3x the size of Atlanta geography wise....  

Charlotte 308 sq miles
Atlanta 134 sq miles

Really odd you chose to argue this one. There is no data that can support your claim here....

image.png

Calm down buddy. I meant nightlife it's more of a sexy city with more attractions. I been to both Atlanta and Charlotte quite often. The buildings are way more modern and the scene is more attractive in Atlanta.

Cam's cigar bar is a vibe.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

ATL is on Par with Raleigh for population, and only a little above Fayetteville, Charlotte dwarfs ATL It was a terrible argument, maybe educate yourself before spewing nonsense @CamWhoaaCam

Hai Guys Charlotte is over 2x the size of ATL with 2x the population but its just a mini ATL. Lol. 

Yeah that was my mistake I own up to it. What I meant is Atlanta is more of a sexy market. The nightlife is way better than Charlotte imo.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

you say this but the data tells a different story... year over year Panthers are worth more to the NFL than the following teams when its comes to total revenue:

• Detroit Lions - $452 million ($114 million)
  • Cincinnati Bengals - $462 million ($89 million)
  • Arizona Cardinals - $467 million ($112 million)
  • Buffalo Bills -  $470 million ($83 million)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars -  $471 million ($114 million)
  • Tennessee Titans - $481 million ($115 million)
  • Indianapolis Colts - $484 million ($100 million)
  • New Orleans Saints - $490 million ($125 million)
  • Los Angeles Chargers - $491 million ($156 million)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - $492 million ($62 million)
  • Pittsburgh Steelers - $494 million ($135 million)
  • Kansas City Chiefs - $495 million ($135 million)
  • Minnesota Vikings - $500 million ($141 million)
  • Carolina Panthers - $501 million ($139 million)

What this tells us is that the Charlotte market is a very healthy Market for the NFL. They would not want to risk any transition revenue. When the Chargers and Rams moved from their original locations the NFL lost money. NFL isnt in the business to lose money.

And would the franchise make less if it moved somewhere else.

And fwiw, We have seen in the past that the NFL as a whole doesn't necessarily decide if, when and where teams move.  Usually the teams themselves decide, and the owners give assent.  And I don't remember the owners ever not giving assent if one of their fellow owners want to move.  The Chargers move was idiotic, and yet the other owners still agreed.  

Regardless, I don't think the team is moving.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And would the franchise make less if it moved somewhere else.

And fwiw, We have seen in the past that the NFL as a whole doesn't necessarily decide if, when and where teams move.  Usually the teams themselves decide, and the owners give assent.  And I don't remember the owners ever not giving assent if one of their fellow owners want to move.  The Chargers move was idiotic, and yet the other owners still agreed.  

Regardless, I don't think the team is moving.

Raiders destination uncertain after NFL nixes LA move

Edited by TheCasillas

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here comes the fleecing and yet another government handout to a billionaire while that same government entity will say they don't have the funds for infrastructure and other basic community needs.

And here comes CashNewton pulling up to whatever the name of the stadium is still being a Panthers fan regardless of the situation being glad they didn’t leave lol  

With LA gone the real price is Austin/San Antonio. But there is no way that happens before while Jones is alive as it eats into "his" market.

The smart business move is to just sit for now and either move out demand a lot of money when it does.

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here comes the fleecing and yet another government handout to a billionaire while that same government entity will say they don't have the funds for infrastructure and other basic community needs.

The fleecing comment may be true,,  but it's also how business is done in the NFL and has been for a very long time.  We can paint Tepper a bad guy if we like, but he won't be doing anything different that the other owners do. It's just part of the having an NFL team in todays world in my opinion.

• Pie 2