• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we get hoodwinked on Miles Sanders

TheBigKat

I think he’s a solid starter. I don’t think he’s going to be a game changer like McCaffrey was or Stewart/Williams duo was. He’s probably gonna be good for 800-1000 yards per season and 5 or so TDs until he replacement is drafted.

His fantasy projection is 996 yards and 5 TDs this year.

Sanders is a lot like the back that Young had in college. I think he will be a great outlet for Young and was absolutely worth making the play for. We will see what happens for the eagles, but I would honestly bet they fall back to earth this year.

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I think he’s a solid starter. I don’t think he’s going to be a game changer like McCaffrey was or Stewart/Williams duo was. He’s probably gonna be good for 800-1000 yards per season and 5 or so TDs until he replacement is drafted.

His fantasy projection is 996 yards and 5 TDs this year.

Given he had 11 last year and had a QB who liked to run it in himself in the red zone, how does he only get 5. Bryce won't be running it in but he will be handing it off and dumping it to Sanders.  Sanders will only not have big numbers if he is overshadowed by others on the team who would have to make huge leaps from where they are now.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Given he had 11 last year and had a QB who liked to run it in himself in the red zone, how does he only get 5. Bryce won't be running it in but he will be handing it off and dumping it to Sanders.  Sanders will only not have big numbers if he is overshadowed by others on the team who would have to make huge leaps from where they are now.

Because their offense and defense were better in Philly. Their dline caused a lot of quick transitions back to the offensive side of the ball and their offense was filled with studs to get them to the red zone. There’s significantly more question marks here.

We scored 347 to their 477. Their defense got 10 takeaways more than us last year. That’s a lot more having the ball and a lot more scoring. 

Edited by Varking

36 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Sanders is a lot like the back that Young had in college. I think he will be a great outlet for Young and was absolutely worth making the play for. We will see what happens for the eagles, but I would honestly bet they fall back to earth this year.

Not to go to deep into the eagles but I don't know what fall back to earth means. They have a elite WR their second WR is arguably better then our number one WR. Their Oline is elite D line top 3 in the NFL and they added studs in the draft. You don't fall back to earth they may underperform but honestly they should realistically be a deep playoff team nfc championship game deep based off the roster and coaching. Not to mention the QB play was top five last year no falling back because they're not an overachieving team in my opinion.

And as far as Miles goes he got a fairly good deal based off what we expect from Frank. He's going to run his RB into the ground and I'd expect MS to be such a safety valve and explosive player catching out the backfield and scoring in the RedZone his value should equal his pay. I don't see any RB on that list that I'd take after him for less money that I'd trust to do all the things Miles does check the list and tell me who (free agent) bc Breece Hall isn't a free agent you'd want over Miles is my question.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Because their offense and defense were better in Philly. Their dline caused a lot of quick transitions back to the offensive side of the ball and their offense was filled with studs to get them to the red zone. There’s significantly more question marks here.

We scored 347 to their 477. Their defense got 10 takeaways more than us last year. That’s a lot more having the ball and a lot more scoring. 

We aren't we anymore. New QB, new wide receivers, neew TE, new OC and new HC

• Pie 3

20 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Quality over quantity. Those 5 backs on that eagles graphic are absolute meh. Swift wasn’t even relevant or playing down the stretch last year. The Lions couldn’t wait to move on from him.

Eagles have a decent stable there but Sanders is better all around than any of them. Penny and Swift are the best of the bunch. Sermon could be good but he is a rookie right? So his fiscal hit is nothing. 

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:

Not to go to deep into the eagles but I don't know what fall back to earth means. They have a elite WR their second WR is arguably better then our number one WR. Their Oline is elite D line top 3 in the NFL and they added studs in the draft. You don't fall back to earth they may underperform but honestly they should realistically be a deep playoff team nfc championship game deep based off the roster and coaching. Not to mention the QB play was top five last year no falling back because they're not an overachieving team in my opinion.

I think we have seen with Cam the dangers of a QB that runs 200 times a season. The QB didn't make the whole season last year, I doubt he will this year. Also, and maybe the will avoid this, but the superbowl loser many times will have a tough year the following this loss. Not every year, but a lot of times.

38 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think we have seen with Cam the dangers of a QB that runs 200 times a season. The QB didn't make the whole season last year, I doubt he will this year. Also, and maybe the will avoid this, but the superbowl loser many times will have a tough year the following this loss. Not every year, but a lot of times.

Neither of those guys have had 200 carries in a season. The most attempts Newton had was 139. Hurts 165