• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 2

Ricky Spanish

40 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Feel The Bern Desk GIF by Bernie Sanders

What would restructuring do though? You still have to get guys back up into game shape. 

i think they are probably referring to truncating team activites all into this month instead of having the players work out from May forward.  However, I am not sure.

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

What would restructuring do though? You still have to get guys back up into game shape. 

Yeah, the CBA already has tons of protections built in. I'm not sure what that coach wants. I mean, these guys hurt themselves running around in shorts. Freak things happen.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i think they are probably referring to truncating team activites all into this month instead of having the players work out from May forward.  However, I am not sure.

Ya, I don’t know. I don’t imagine most football players just stop working out during the offseason. In fact they may be working out too much. 

27 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya, I don’t know. I don’t imagine most football players just stop working out during the offseason. In fact they may be working out too much. 

yea i get it. I just think about basketball & futbol players... they pretty much work out all year except March. Obvisouly, football is different on the body but doing "burst" training like training camp can be a lot on the body.

40 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I think most of them work out, I just don’t know what the work outs are. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of injuries in camp compared to the rest of the off-season. They need to re-think things next CBA. Players perspective has always been pushing for more pay with less mandatory training camps, practices, full pads/full contact days, etc. but I think they may not have found the right balance currently.

I’m also sick of talking about guys still trying to find their rhythm, offensive lines gelling, fully opening the playbook, etc. weeks into the regular season.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Feel The Bern Desk GIF by Bernie Sanders

What the hell would that do? lol You can't restructure the offseason to avoid fluke injuries. It's football, flukes injuries are going to happen NO MATTER WHAT they do. That had to be someone like Josh McDaniels that texted that lol

32 minutes ago, Castavar said:

What the hell would that do? lol You can't restructure the offseason to avoid fluke injuries. It's football, flukes injuries are going to happen NO MATTER WHAT they do. That had to be someone like Josh McDaniels that texted that lol

First two weeks of Camp should be Stretching, Yoga Poses and Madden???  Ease into it....

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

First two weeks of Camp should be Stretching, Yoga Poses and Madden???  Ease into it....

They should just do nothing until the first week of the regular season.  Then they can start practicing.