• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is your dark horse rookie?

Zod

Jammie Robinson makes a lot of sense. He was a late round pick, but members of the secondary are already high on him and we aren’t super loaded at safety. Especially if Evero moves Chinn to Buffalo Nickel I could see Robinson getting a lot of playing time with Bell and Woods at safety. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

My initial thought after the draft was Zavala (with both Brady and Corbett coming off injuries last year) but with his injury I don’t think he’ll win a starting job this off-season. So I’ll go with Mingo. Small class to choose from…

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don’t know how much of a dark horse he is but I think Mingo is the next DK Metcalf. I think puts up a 60 catch 800 yard 5 TD season which is a more than respectable rookie campaign. 

Hope your right, he's been putting on a show at camp so far.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Which rookie (if any) will surpass expectations this year? 

Of course, best case scenerio is Bryce Young. But who else do you think would have the biggest impact?

Bryce Young's expectations are super high.  So while he might be the best rookie, it likely would be hard for him to exceed expectations. 

I'll go Mingo in the 2nd half of the season shines in the slot playing some small ball. 

38 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don’t know how much of a dark horse he is but I think Mingo is the next DK Metcalf. I think puts up a 60 catch 800 yard 5 TD season which is a more than respectable rookie campaign. 

that's a more than respectable receiver not named steve smith on the carolina panthers campaign