• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yannick Ngakoue

Puresteel55

Clowney is a more realistic option. Dude is 30, never really lived up to the hype, past his prime, but still very much serviceable, so he could be somewhat cheap. Great against the run, seems to do better in a 3-4 defense, but can put his hand in the ground if needed. Plus, he's from Rock Hill, so playing close to home could be ideal if he's thinking retirement in the next few years. 

• Pie 2

I genuinely think at this point in time we don't sign another Edge rusher unless/until after Week 1 b/c salaries aren't guaranteed at that point (only pay per week).

Things can change, but as of now, I think the plan is to have Burns and then see who shakes out/ Evero will scheme around the opposite side.

I think Marquis Haynes is the 1st guy to get that chance, and Haynes has proven he can produce in limited reps.  Hope he's back from injury soon.

I'm still open on the idea of Clowney, but consistent effort and the amount of money he's going to want could preclude it.  Would be fun to have him back in Carolina.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I really wish the NFL would come up with some sort of stat that is basically a sack but for reasons run plays. Some people actually think this guy is good because they just look at sacks

It's existed for years. TFL (tackle for loss).

Stat category has been recorded since 1999. Terrell Suggs is the career leader. JJ Watt and  Julius Peppers round out the top 3.