• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LB Justin Houston signs

ChuckWag78

6 minutes ago, RJK said:

They must really dislike what they’re seeing at OLB opposite burns and Haynes back must be a concern 

I feel like they might like some of the young guys that have been flashing (Leota, Jones come to mind) but you can't trust a couple of UDFA's to be your only other guys outside of Burns. I feel like YGM might get traded before the season starts. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, RJK said:

They must really dislike what they’re seeing at OLB opposite burns and Haynes back must be a concern 

Haynes is the one good piece we have after Burns rotationally.  Problem is that he doesn't compliment Burns to be on the field at the same time with him, Shaq & Luvu.  He's backup/rotation, down dependent.

This tells me YGM isn't showing enough as an edge setter and DJJ hasn't shown much either.  It's mildly annoying but we've all seen this hole from a long ways away.  Good to have a dude like Houston.  He comes in, and helps to get a decent cream rising from YGM, DJJ, & Leota developmentally. We'll see.  Plenty of ways to go until week 1.

• Pie 1

This is a great short-term bandaid but it also signals that they don't see YGM as the answer and that DJ Johnson is likely not ready to contribute as a 24 year old rookie. 

From a 2023 roster standpoint I love the move, but I think it also says that the future of our edge rusher group is very much a work in progress. That's something that shouldn't come as a surprise to any Panthers fan paying much attention.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3