• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line struggles

NAS

58 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

understand 99.9 % of you are having a meltdown over the O Line ..  but why I’m not hearing just as much concern over the defense baffles me

Because we’re more concerned about keeping Bryce Young healthy and giving him a fair chance to succeed in the NFL.  Defenses  adjust easier than offensive lines

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, NAS said:

Nope, nobody said that.  

Lol then you don’t know how to read between the lines. 
Team didn’t play well .. This fan base doesn’t have the patience to wait till September 11th for a fire sale.

Many ,, in other threads have mentioned this is a team being rebuilt from the Rhule experiment,, and it’ll take more than a year.. 

We’re all just hoping for a better showing today 

7 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

I'm not that guy that jumps off a cliff preseason game 1.....but the o line was atrocious today and I'm most disappointed in Ickey more than anything. Still can't handle a speed rush, so much for the reports of him dominating guys this training camp.

Not gonna lie. He and Moton gave me flashbacks to Bell and Chandler tonight.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Bryce’s first pass went for a first down 

That changes everything. Lol, I kid but thanks for the correction. So maybe 2 first downs and one was meaningless in the first half. 10+ yards plays might have only been those two in the first half.. either way, definitely expected more than that and didn’t expect a lot. 

So now we've seen what teams think of our o-line. Our guys are strong as we all know, but they're also slower and lacking in quickness. The Jets made the obvious choice to use stunts some, and this led to a terrible problem. When you're slower, you have to be really quick mentally and communicate. No pause or false steps because you're already a little slow. The damn broke when the slow mental recognition and slow physical movement combined into a pass protection disaster that led to Bryce getting hammered.

Wilks recognized last season that our guys are strong, but less quick. He decided to run the ball like crazy, and pass less. This worked against many teams, but it's not a long term answer. The o-line has to transition to being able to recognize stunts quickly, react immediately, and help each other consistently. Otherwise teams will keep using stunts to basically knock Young out for the season. He's going to go down, and he's not going to get back up.

This failure has to be address immediately. The Panthers need to run stunts against the o-line until they can block it with their eyes closed. Stunt stunt stunt stunt. Anyone who doesn't start to catch on needs to go to the bench. We can't risk Young's long term health.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

50 minutes ago, CLG said:

That changes everything. Lol, I kid but thanks for the correction. So maybe 2 first downs and one was meaningless in the first half. 10+ yards plays might have only been those two in the first half.. either way, definitely expected more than that and didn’t expect a lot. 

I don’t disagree. Just pointing out he did have one 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, pantherj said:

So now we've seen what teams think of our o-line. Our guys are strong as we all know, but they're also slower and lacking in quickness. The Jets made the obvious choice to use stunts some, and this led to a terrible problem. When you're slower, you have to be really quick mentally and communicate. No pause or false steps because you're already a little slow. The damn broke when the slow mental recognition and slow physical movement combined into a pass protection disaster that led to Bryce getting hammered.

Wilks recognized last season that our guys are strong, but less quick. He decided to run the ball like crazy, and pass less. This worked against many teams, but it's not a long term answer. The o-line has to transition to being able to recognize stunts quickly, react immediately, and help each other consistently. Otherwise teams will keep using stunts to basically knock Young out for the season. He's going to go down, and he's not going to get back up.

This failure has to be address immediately. The Panthers need to run stunts against the o-line until they can block it with their eyes closed. Stunt stunt stunt stunt. Anyone who doesn't start to catch on needs to go to the bench. We can't risk Young's long term health.

Nailed it

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1