• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Sunday Ticket features announced by YouTube

PanthersATL

On 8/18/2023 at 11:13 AM, App Panther said:

Ive had YTV for several years now. Nothing compares for sports IMO.

I already signed up for Sunday Ticket so I could get the $100 off.

The live chat will be a cesspool though. 

Why do you feel it’s great for sports? I have Hulu Live ESPN+ and am curious on what the differentiating factor would be?

(Asking cause I’m inclined to switch)

Edited by therealmjl

31 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Bit the bullet and made my purchase for the year. Between Fantasy and being out of market for a new exciting rookie QB here in Carolina it was kind of a no brainer. 

^^ This ^^

Was just waiting for the monthly option to show up.  This will be the first year in several that I havent had to watch on my laptop through less than legal means.  It will be nice to not be stuck on a 17" screen.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Google NFL ... and then what you do to an apple to pierce the skin. Dozens of streams for every game. Minimal ad intrusion (zero if you know how to block them ... and the way to get to the actual stream*), and the streams are actually decent. In HD, shows local coverage (as in the real commercials you'll see), and just a few buffer issues a game if any. If you're not a hardcore "Sunday is my holy day" NFL guy, and the Panthers don't come on where you live, it's pretty much perfect.

*key

I loved streaming red zone like that.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:22 AM, therealmjl said:

Why do you feel it’s great for sports? I have Hulu Live ESPN+ and am curious on what the differentiating factor would be?

(Asking cause I’m inclined to switch)

I tried Hulu Live and the UI compared to YT was absolute garbage. Maybe its better now but it felt extremely slow and clunky.

Really like the dual and quad boxes YT has added for sports as well as the deep channel lineup just for sports. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Montsta said:

Is YouTube tv a separate app on smart tv’s from the YouTube app I use now? I cancelled my Sunday ticket along with directv 3-4 years ago and went to Hulu. But if YouTube tv has everything Hulu has plus Sunday ticket, I might switch again. 

YouTube TV has anything you want. 

1 hour ago, Montsta said:

Is YouTube tv a separate app on smart tv’s from the YouTube app I use now? I cancelled my Sunday ticket along with directv 3-4 years ago and went to Hulu. But if YouTube tv has everything Hulu has plus Sunday ticket, I might switch again. 

Yes it's a separate app.

9 hours ago, Montsta said:

You don't need to subscribe to YTTv for Sunday ticket. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I have directTV and you guys told me youtube TV was the only way to get sunday ticket. I bought youtube TV and then direct TV called me and was like no you can still buy it through us lmao.

got fuggin finessed thanks huddle.

Nobody ever said you needed to buy YouTube TV to get Sunday Ticket.  You get a discount if you had YTTV, but ST is available separately -- it's purchased as a separate YouTube Channel.

Totally understand that there is confusion in the marketing of "Youtube" vs "Youtube TV". It's horrible branding from a consumer viewpoint.

DirecTV is advertising that their users can watch ST, but it's because you can use the YouTube APP on the DirecTV boxes. You still need to buy ST from YouTube, separate from DirecTV.

If you did drop satellite for YouTube TV, I'd say you probably did the right thing, pricewise.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:35 AM, Panthering said:

Bit the bullet and made my purchase for the year. Between Fantasy and being out of market for a new exciting rookie QB here in Carolina it was kind of a no brainer. 

Seriously, this going to YT is the best thing ever.

Being a Panthers fan in Michigan and thus almost never getting our games on TV here, pre-Covid I'd go to BWW almost every Sunday of the season, maybe would get 1-3 games of ours each year on TV here to not have to go.  That would run me anywhere from $25-40 each game depending what I would have to eat/drink on the day, over the season that REALLY adds up, but I would get to at least see the other games on to follow my fantasy teams.

Then once covid hit, in 2020 I just shifted to finding streams and even though they sometimes weren't great, since we were terrible, it just made more sense to keep doing that than go back to BWW to spend that money again.

So now I not only will get our games in high quality again, that also always work, but I can now also throw on any game at any time to watch my fantasy players.  Freaking love it and so excited for this season because of that.