• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I'm looking for in the third preseason game

NAS

1 minute ago, NorthTryon said:

The gadget plays yes, but I was alluding more to growth as a route runner. He's look kind of lost so far and seemingly can't separate.  

We'll see how he develops there. Even if he remains just a gadget guy he'll be worth what we gave up for him. Having a guy like that out there that the defense always has to account for is a nice chess piece.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Atlanta's offense even with Ridder at QB will be very good this year, gameplan with HAVE to be stopping the run and hoping that Chinn can cover Pitts while Jaycee blankets London. 

I wouldn't say very good but probably better than you'd expect. They're gonna lean very hard on Bijan and run the style of offense that John Fox has erotic dreams about at night.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Ross Tucker said that for defense only look for individual effort from the unproven players. That a DC in preseason is not going to show you anything of what they intend to do during real games.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, csx said:

Ross Tucker said that for defense only look for individual effort from the unproven players. That a DC in preseason is not going to show you anything of what they intend to do during real games.

I'm not concerned about the scheme. I don't think we've seen much of it. What I'm concerned with is simple assignment football. Our gap discipline in the run game has been largely terrible and we've seen blown coverages by the starters in both games. 

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evidence of competency. Downplay it all you want but what we've seen this preseason is concerning. Our OL hasn't slowed anyone down yet and our D is missing a lot of gap assignments. That's not a scheming thing. That's a lack of competency.

Our defense isn't as talented as everyone makes it out to be lol.

Shaq is still just an ok LB and we have nothing beside him. We have no NT. We have one 3-4 D-lineman. We still have no 2nd edge rusher. Our S are okay and we cannot stay healthy at CB.

Like I don't expect the week 1 team to look as bad as the preason shows but I'm not terribly surprised by what the D has shown me. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Rags said:

Our defense isn't as talented as everyone makes it out to be lol.

Shaq is still just an ok LB and we have nothing beside him. We have no NT. We have one 3-4 D-lineman. We still have no 2nd edge rusher. Our S are okay and we cannot stay healthy at CB.

Like I don't expect the week 1 team to look as bad as the preason shows but I'm not terribly surprised by what the D has shown me. 

The one constant with the Huddle? Nobody underestimates Panther talent like Panther fans themselves.