• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Chris Simms is fine. People think he’s a hack  if he says something they dislike, he’s quotable if he says something they do like.

He has a casual hangout style, so maybe people should just relax a bit, and not take what he says personally. 

No, it's that everything he says about prospects at the QB position ends up being incorrect...that's why I think he is a hack.

Edited by therealmjl

21 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Notice  " HE " ( Chris Simms )  never said those things,,  He was always quoting his wife, friends in a bar, at the gym , etc..  that his  CYA speak,     HE NEVER SAID IT..   others did..   But yes, it is implied.

I thought He was on the Bryce Young Band Wagon before the draft, ?

He had Stroud over Young this year (not a huge deal there), but he's been pretty vocal over the past few weeks throwing shade at Young.

Edited by therealmjl

Did Young ever play any games in college with an O line performance like he might be playing behind with the Panthers this year?

I think if he ever did it might be worth checking out how he managed in that game(s) and see what the results were. I know he had a should injury and tweaked a knee while in college.......might be worth seeing what caused those injuries. 

But if in fact if he never had an O-line play in college like what might happen while in the Panther backfield this year..............then all bets are up in the air as if he can replicate what he did in college on the field in the NFL.

Simms point is well..........meh.

Because he's not focused on the challenge at hand........

Edited by PghPanther

32 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Haven't watched this yet, but Chris Simms is an absolute clown at this point. He and Florio are the worst.

Florio has decided to go full attack mode on Tepper.  I don't like lawyers in general but sanctimonious know it all's are the worse.

Simms can ramble for literally hours and you may get one or two accurate statements but you have to put up with inane bs until then.  I think he is still pissed his boy Matt Corral is still looking up the chart.

8 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Chris Simms is fine. People think he’s a hack  if he says something they dislike, he’s quotable if he says something they do like.

He has a casual hangout style, so maybe people should just relax a bit, and not take what he says personally. 

The more I listen to Simms, the more I realize he’s a bumbling idiot. He never, ever says anything of substance. He just mumbles something in agreement with Florio. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Florio has decided to go full attack mode on Tepper.  I don't like lawyers in general but sanctimonious know it all's are the worse.

Simms can ramble for literally hours and you may get one or two accurate statements but you have to put up with inane bs until then.  I think he is still pissed his boy Matt Corral is still looking up the chart.

Florio has just completely fallen off over the past few years. He's approached CNN/Fox News territory with some of the fear mongering and clickbait he's pushing. 

He's gotten so bad I have no doubts they turned off commenting on PFT because of him.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

I remember that Chris Simms said that Matt Corral was the best QB to come out of his class. Granted that class hasnt been exactly world beating.... 

But just remember that these guys live in a world where the goal is to get the most attention by saying what will get clicks immediately. I think Chris Simms means what he's saying... but if you kept track of how often he is wrong, you'd watch him much less. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Since when did Simms listen to fans to inform him of a player's capacity. Makes me question his ability as an analyst if this is where he gets his opinions from.....

I don't think he is talking about his capacity it's more visually or aesthetics.  He wants his first overall pick to be bigger and stronger and have a rocket arm.  

• Pie 1