• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chark Injured?

Jmac

Rumor going around that DJ Chark is injured and it might be pretty serious. Can anyone verify or is this just bullcrap? According to what I read, Reich said he was hurt but didn't elaborate......please verify either way

Edited by Jmac

Rappaport posted on Twitter that it was hamstring injury and "didn't sound serious".

Don't know how he would know if Reich didn't say but I hope he is right.  

Person tweeted that it "doesn't sound great".  Not sure if he knows anything or just means the silence isn't great.

Edited by w280sax

Just now, w280sax said:

Rappaport posted on Twitter that it was hamstring injury and "didn't sound serious".

Don't know how he would know if Reich didn't say but I hope he is right.  

I just read the same thing. Reich must have said something. Hammy's can be a problem. Looks like Mingo and T.J gonna have to step it up quickly. 

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This looks like something from a sports videogame.

Right. Unfortunately we can't turn off injuries like Madden. I try to laugh all this off. I obviously do not want to see anyone hurt and want Chark back as soon as he's able. But this is just the consistent luck of our Panthers. We knew what we were buying though it was a risky signing and I said so at the time.

• Pie 1

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Add D.J. Chark to the growing list of injured Panthers’ receivers.

Chark missed Wednesday’s practice after sustaining a hamstring injury, according to a team spokesman. The 26-year-old Chark has a long injury history and has never played a full NFL season. Chark, who signed a one-year, $5 million deal with Carolina, missed 19 games over the past two seasons with a foot injury that required offseason surgery.

Chark joins Terrace Marshall Jr. (back), Laviska Shenault (concussion) and Damiere Byrd (hamstring) among Panthers’ receivers who have been hurt during training camp. Byrd will start the season on injured reserve.

Panthers coach Frank Reich did not offer any details on Chark’s situation but said the team is not planning any “big moves” in response to his injury. The team’s top healthy receivers for Friday’s exhibition finale against Detroit are newcomer Adam Thielen, rookie Jonathan Mingo, Shi Smith, Derek Wright and Javon Wims.