• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

Or a Raidah. 
I think the only shot at Corral having value of any kind right now, is maybe there is someone that really liked him as a project but the  Panthes beat them to him . We probably know who it could be, since we had to trade in front of them. 

I think Chinn is the more realistic chip from tne trading chips stack, because he is an established talent that may be without a home in a new scheme.

Plus, I forget who but just in the last day or two, a paid observer referred to him as the (big?) nickle back “right now”.
That “right now”, stood out. 
Said as if they knew something might be in the wind?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

C8FC28A7-0DA2-433C-A3CC-AF4BC90F40B1.jpeg

To me this looks like speculation.  No where has it ever been mentioned about us looking to trade Corral.  

IMO trading Corral is a bad idea. 

1 we wouldn't get much more than a 5th or 6th rounder out of him because he doesn't have much tape. 

2. He's going to be a good QB once he gets some experience.

3. Dalton is old and injury prone.

4. It's too early to know if Young is going to survive the NFL.  One or two nasty hits could be a problem and if we let Corral go we are right back where we started. 

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

To me this looks like speculation.  No where has it ever been mentioned about us looking to trade Corral.  

IMO trading Corral is a bad idea. 

1 we wouldn't get much more than a 5th or 6th rounder out of him because he doesn't have much tape. 

2. He's going to be a good QB once he gets some experience.

3. Dalton is old and injury prone.

4. It's too early to know if Young is going to survive the NFL.  One or two nasty hits could be a problem and if we let Corral go we are right back where we started. 

Kunkel sux 

• Pie 1

Need to keep Corral, he's essentially our Kirk Cousins just taken a year earlier.  Nobody is going to give us anything great for him right now, might as well keep him as an upside project in case Bryce's size causes injury problems.

Either Bryce stays healthy, Corral stays on our bench for 2 more years, and we miss out on the 4th or 5th round pick that we MIGHT have been able to get for him now.

Or Bryce gets hurt and Corral becomes a legit player for us like Cousins did once RG3 went down.

Third option would be like Jimmy G and we end up being able to trade him later for a decent pick because he played a little and looked good.

Either way, for what we'd get for him now, I think keeping him for any of the above reasons makes the most sense at the moment.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Bryce gets hurt and Corral becomes a legit player for us like Cousins did once RG3 went down.

IMO this helps having Corral around.  Young size is and always will be a concern.  There isn't a LB or DE in this league that isn't going to miss a shot at lighting him up because he a smaller QB. 

The Kirk Cousin comparison is a good one.  I think given reps Corral is going to be a solid backup and possible start one day. Whether with the Panthers or someone else. 

• Pie 1