• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Cuts

Mr. Scot

On 8/27/2023 at 1:55 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Walker was a player with way more experience in the league but still had to fight for a roster with a guy who was just getting started.

When they had their preseason battle, pretty much everyone agreed Grier performed better, but Walker had Rhule in his corner, so...

Now just a short time (and good coaching) later, Grier is looking way better. Meanwhile, PJ is still a guy who will, as the saying goes "make big plays...for both teams".

Would you honestly think PJ is capable of the kind of performance Grier put on last night (even in preseason)?

Lmao if PJ gets back on an active roster first you owe me a beer now @Mr. Scot

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, DL and CB.  Remember BC can play left tackle and Mayes can play RT, Corbett will return eventually too.  With Jackson's and Horn's injury history, I'd like one more corner as insurance.

Chin can move to corner if needed.  I’m sure we will stash a couple on the PS too.  But yeah, I wouldn’t be shocked if we add a CB at some point. 

15 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Chin can move to corner if needed.  I’m sure we will stash a couple on the PS too.  But yeah, I wouldn’t be shocked if we add a CB at some point. 

He's listed as nickel on the "official" depth chart, not safety. So technically a CB.

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Lmao if PJ gets back on an active roster first you owe me a beer now @Mr. Scot

You didn't know that was coming? It's been talked about for days.

The Cowboys agreed to let Grier audition in the last preseason game after they traded for Lance.

Speculation right now is the delance trade signals negotiations with Dak Prescott aren't going particularly well.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You didn't know that was coming? It's been talked about for days.

The Cowboys agreed to let Grier audition in the last preseason game after they traded for Lance.

Speculation right now is the delance trade signals negotiations with Dak Prescott aren't going particularly well.

Jones didn't even consult with his head coach before he did this trade.

There is no master plan, just Jerry being hot in the pants about a potential "generational talent" being available on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Thorrez said:

… just Jerry being hot in the pants about a potential "generational talent" being available on the cheap.

Isn’t that what got Watson in trouble in Houston?

Speaking of Watson, how does that five year, fully guaranteed $230 million mega contract look about now?

Edited by bythenbrs