• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little preseason "behind the scenes" info

Mr. Scot

So, did anyone tell the opposing team these were "experimental games" and to take it easy on the QB?

Not buying it, especially when your under-sized, #1 overall pick QB is ultimately paying the price for the failed experiments (Icky, MJ)...

"Hey, Bryce, just wanted to let you know we're going to be experimenting with some things on the O-line. Oh, and, look, you may get snot-lockered a few times along the way. But, hey, trust the process."

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Ickey straight up missed several one-on-one assignments. It is a concern. 

What that tells me is they have TE/RB help on OL sets they have been practicing but that didn’t translate to vanilla game plays and he was mentally not adjusting. 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, did anyone tell the opposing team these were "experimental games" and to take it easy on the QB?

Not buying it, especially when your under-sized, #1 overall pick QB is ultimately paying the price for the failed experiments (Icky, MJ)...

"Hey, Bryce, just wanted to let you know we're going to be experimenting with some things on the O-line. Oh, and, look, you may get snot-lockered a few times along the way. But, hey, trust the process."

The jets yes. I remember at least a few times they didn’t even touch him when they had a knockdown after the throw chances. Didn’t see the giants. Lions not so much. 

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

It's the best explanation for the regression, especially considering the coaching staff....and especially x2 considering we still have Campen.

How Michael Jordon still has a job here, though, is something completely different. Just hoping he's in the next wave of cuts after we see another OG get cut from another team.

Only thing I’m not buying is that we won’t have regression for the first 4-6 weeks on OL. New coach, new scheme, new pieces, new QB(and brand new first round draft pick rookie at that). That’s a lot for an OL to mesh and overcome in September. Knock on wood no injuries plague early. Let them have time to mesh and adjust. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

I am still having a hard time believing that one of our strengths going into the season was our offensive line and somehow losing Corbett they all became trash.

Their explanation seems far more logical than our line going to garbage in one offseason.

Here's the question someone should ask.   So, with all the experimenting you did during the preseason did we learn anything?  Did any of the experiments work?

• Pie 1

This doesn’t explain how bad they looked at times nor does it explain the o-line meltdown and subsequent post game meeting after the jets.

You can call it experimenting if you want but at the end of the day both teams are still playing football and there was some pretty bad execution by key players on our end. 

21 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Why? He's gonna get hit eventually. Things are going to go south sometimes and he needs to be able to cope when it does. Preseason seems like a better time to put your starting QB in bad situations than waiting for it to actually happen. Just like children, players shouldn't be coddled. Let them experience what the real world is like a little bit before the poo is real.

I know you are worried about injuries, but you really shouldn't. That poo is gonna happen, so why worry about it? Some time BY is going to get hurt and is going to miss games, just like every other starting QB. 22 of 32 starting QB's missed at least 1 game in the regular season last year.

i hate for him to get good at getting hit. hope he watch bradys vids on this, along with being the goat, he was also the best at avoiding getting hit in the pocket. jedi master and the feet moves

On 8/27/2023 at 2:09 PM, Basbear said:

i hate for him to get good at getting hit. hope he watch bradys vids on this, along with being the goat, he was also the best at avoiding getting hit in the pocket. jedi master and the feet moves

Not to mention the entire league knew that getting within 10' of hitting Brady would get you a 15-yard penalty