• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tee Higgins on Block?

Rags

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

There are 32 teams in the NFL, to think that Higgins isn't one of the 32 best WRs in the game is just asinine.

He might not quite be a Fantasy #1 WR right now, only just a high end #2 there, but that doesn't mean he's not a real life #1.

Same way Moore isn't/wasn't a fantasy #1 but was in real life, huge difference between the two that too many fans fail to recognize these days with how everything is viewed through a fantasy lens.

Is a guy arguably the best WR in the NFL? If no, then he's a #2 WR per Huddle logic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Smithers said:

We could have traded Burns to Chi and kept Moore, who was already under a bargain long term contract.  But nope - now we gotta trade Burns for a WR who we will pay 25M per year.  Fitt is legit on the hot seat now.

Michael Scott No GIF

Hindsight is 20/20, but even in hindsight. fug no. I think we felt we’d get the Burns deal done. He’s forgetting he’s never had over 12.5 sacks in a season and he’s a complete liability in the run game. Still he’s more valuable that a WR who isnt a difference maker.

58 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Tee Higgins isn't a number one WR it's similar to the Brian Burns arguments you guys wouldn't want us to pay him and he's looking to get paid as well. Its very similar he's not a top tier WR but a step below Burns is not a Bosa level DE but a step below. 

We just don't want good players because we have to pay them.

If it was up to some of you we would just keep the players we draft for 4 years and trade them when it's time for them to get paid.

I

18 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Michael Scott No GIF

Hindsight is 20/20, but even in hindsight. fug no. I think we felt we’d get the Burns deal done. He’s forgetting he’s never had over 12.5 sacks in a season and he’s a complete liability in the run game. Still he’s more valuable that a WR who isnt a difference maker.

I agree.  I’m one of the ones in the “he’s not worth 25M+” camp - but man I would have assumed the team had a pretty good idea of what Burns would demand before pulling the trigger on such a trade.  

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's my understanding that the Bears basically told us the player was gonna be Moore, Burns, or Brown. We chose Moore because we saw WR being the easier position to replace.

Yep that was the rumor.

Even though Burns is my favorite player on the team I always thought it would have made more sense to trade Burns in that situation. You bring in Bryce and he has his #1 WR right away. That opens up things in the draft we could have went pass rusher instead of Mingo. Houston could have been a mentor for the rookie pass rusher.

Now we go into the season with a legit offense at least skill wise with Moore/Thielen/Sanders.

• Flames 1