• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to find some WR help

Knaakedup

This is one of the reasons I was confused we included DJ in the trade up for Bryce. If the reports are true that they would have taken Brown and 1st, that would have been a much better trade. Why you would include your WR1 in a trade for a rookie QB is baffling to me. That's counter productive to his development. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Mingo/TMJ have so much potential, he would be bad for the growth and development of the young guys.

It's literally what they told me.lmao

Are you still refusing to accept that it was Chark's signing that made going after Hopkins not make any sense?

Chark getting hurt is exactly why I didn't want him and would have rather waited on someone like Hopkins becoming available as then we'd have had a slot for him.  But once we signed Chark, Thielen, and drafted Mingo, our WR room was set outside of back end guys being brought in.

This one is on Fitterer, just like the Burns situation, I'm getting very frustrated with Fitts lately and I'd been a defender of his for a while.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Lemory said:

This is one of the reasons I was confused we included DJ in the trade up for Bryce. If the reports are true that they would have taken Brown and 1st, that would have been a much better trade. Why you would include your WR1 in a trade for a rookie QB is baffling to me. That's counter productive to his development. 

Pretty sure it was only early discussions that they wanted Brown or Burns in the trade, it was including DJ that let us only trade away 1 future first, if DJ wasn't included they wanted multiple future firsts.

Because they knew they had to get their QB a #1 weapon and knew there wasn't one on the FA market this year, we instead gave ours away and signed oft-injured Chark for that role, SMH

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Are you still refusing to accept that it was Chark's signing that made going after Hopkins not make any sense?

Chark getting hurt is exactly why I didn't want him and would have rather waited on someone like Hopkins becoming available as then we'd have had a slot for him.  But once we signed Chark, Thielen, and drafted Mingo, our WR room was set outside of back end guys being brought in.

This one is on Fitterer, just like the Burns situation, I'm getting very frustrated with Fitts lately and I'd been a defender of his for a while.

Why are you replying to me?

Reply to the guy who posted it. We already had our talk. Im moving on from that discussion.

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean Ricky Proehl’s  best season was 400 something yards here.  Ricky was a roleplayer.   

Exactly - Thielen as a mentor and role player, not someone being relied upon to produce WR2/WR1 numbers. Might be expecting too much of him at this point.

49 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Exactly - Thielen as a mentor and role player, not someone being relied upon to produce WR2/WR1 numbers. Might be expecting too much of him at this point.

Which, that’s exactly what we should want him to be just like Proehl. 

But with this room, he’s having to try and be that 1/2 guy and he’s just not that anymore. 

@CRA

1 minute ago, Knaakedup said:

Which, that’s exactly what we should want him to be just like Proehl. 

But with this room, he’s having to try and be that 1/2 guy and he’s just not that anymore. 

@CRA

Yep, Theilen should be a #3 providing vet leadership to guys ahead of him and when on the field can be counted on to always do the right thing.  That was Ricky Proehl.   A role player/mentor.  Not a starting WR. 

• Pie 1