• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's discuss Bryce Young's debut

GOAT

I'd say easily the WRs were the worst, because I'm gonna pin most miscommunications on them, as was the case with Cam in 2011. The OL was fine and the pass rush was better than expected. The QB is a rookie who made some nice plays and a few bad ones, and the run defense was as bad as expected.

What surprised me more than anything, by FAR, was how often I was saying "What is Frank Reich thinking"

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I gotta be honest, outside the run defense at times and obviously the pass catchers, the team looked pretty decent. 

QB was the worst, receivers were #2 and that run defense was a close third.

Two of my three concerns going into the season.  A short yardage back was my third concern and the failed 4th and short attempt proved that point.

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Two of my three concerns going into the season.  A short yardage back was my third concern and the failed 4th and short attempt proved that point.

That was such a fuging stupid play call. Either spread it out and go or go heavy and QB sneak. 

That was the dumbest play call of the game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, 45catfan said:

Easily my biggest gripe of the offseason was the lack of a power back. Hated that call by the coach and GM to ignore it, and we're gonna pay for it with a lot of 3rd and 1s that lead to failed 4th and 1s (because Reich hates kickers)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd say easily the WRs were the worst, because I'm gonna pin most miscommunications on them, as was the case with Cam in 2011. The OL was fine and the pass rush was better than expected. The QB is a rookie who made some nice plays and a few bad ones, and the run defense was as bad as expected.

What surprised me more than anything, by FAR, was how often I was saying "What is Frank Reich thinking"

Really? Did you not watch Frank Reich at IND?

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This plus the fact that Miles Sanders played really bad, and doesn't look like any kind of an upgrade over just rolling with Chuba and a replacement level backup.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If PJ Walker played like Bryce Young in his first game, you'd all want him benched and never see the field again. 

Well. One's a Rookie and very young, no pun intended. PJ Walker was an Undrafted FA and a few years in the League when he made his first start. Plus, he has ZERO potential while Young has a ton. That comparison, like most do on here was trash.