• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Understand one thing about Bryce

Jmac

4 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

It was mostly playcalling and route running. His two picks look crazy on the all-22 basically a free safety that just lurks and plays middle hook zone. Entire backend of the defense was exposed on both plays, we just didn't have a WR that could win a 1 on 1 except Hurst.

how are you able to see the All-22 they don't get released until Tuesdays usually. Can you share what you are using to get access?

4 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

It was mostly playcalling and route running. His two picks look crazy on the all-22 basically a free safety that just lurks and plays middle hook zone. Entire backend of the defense was exposed on both plays, we just didn't have a WR that could win a 1 on 1 except Hurst.

at this point, our offense should just run through Hurst since he's the only reliable option

Bates, the Falcons safety, said he knew ahead of time that we were going to throw to the middle of the field to get Young comfortable, so he was sitting on that waiting. He knew we were going to go between the hashes and not as much deep.

Then you have the bad play calling early in the game, and the miscommunications between Frank and Beans and Young. Weird jumbo packages, and extremely predictable "we have a rookie" play calls. Horn goes down. Young starts tipy toe dancing before he throws. The whole thing started coming apart at the seams, but we can only get better from here. The Falcons are a mediocre team.

We can look forward to seeing Young improve before our eyes. That's basically what this season has to offer, and little else. Take it or leave it. 

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 3

You know he’s gonna be an absolute sponge in the film room, studying the tape. This is his first NFL action with teams actually running legit gameplans, so it’s invaluable for a cerebral rookie like Bryce. I’m eager to see our rematch against the Falcons to see how Bryce performs after having an entire game of footage to study.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I saw Theilen I think streaking up the field uncovered on one of those picks.

13 hours ago, Jmac said:

Every game is a new learning experience for him. The coaches have enough trust ln him to put alot of things in the game plan, no huddle etc.

Every game will be another step up the ladder and he will be one step closer to being an NFL QB. Rome wasn't build in a day and to become an NFL QB isn't going to happen with one game.

I just watched Dan Marinos first game as a pro and he threw 2 picks and they lost the game. I think Marino turned out OK. If Bryce can become half the QB Marino was....I will be happy.

but, but, but..... did DM ever win a SB ? 😁

• Beer 1

I would hope even the worst overreaction threads wouldn’t consider his career to be over or to be a bust after his first game but his physical limitations are not going to change and that has me the most concerned. He looked a lot like smaller Teddy Bridgewater upon first glance. Not a bad QB but also not a #1 overall QB. The team will need to elevate his supporting cast to overcome some of these limitations.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I would hope even the worst overreaction threads wouldn’t consider his career to be over or to be a bust after his first game but his physical limitations are not going to change and that has me the most concerned. He looked a lot like smaller Teddy Bridgewater upon first glance. Not a bad QB but also not a #1 overall QB. The team will need to elevate his supporting cast to overcome some of these limitations.

So you can tell his worth by his stature? Glad you weren’t the one deciding on whether to draft Joe Montana. 

I think we're in serious denial about receivers not getting open.  Sorry, but there were some terrible overthrows to receivers who were open and had outrun the DB on them.  I'll give Bryce the benefit of the doubt and say he and the receivers need to work on timing.

There were also some routes where the receiver thought the play was busted so quit running full speed, but had they continued Bryce likely would have hit them in stride.  

I don't think speed is an issue for the receiving corps.  Execution as an offensive unit is the problem.  

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

So you can tell his worth by his stature? Glad you weren’t the one deciding on whether to draft Joe Montana. 

Cautions overreactions and then proceeds to overreact to "physical limitations". lmao!

Bryce looked fine out there. Since I don't share the concern on size like others, having watched his college career, he looked normal out there. At least Bryce finished the game upright! <cough, Richardson, cough> 

• Pie 1