• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our former WR1 update

NAS

1 minute ago, tyty2 said:

Everyone agreed the trade was stupid, he just proving us right

Naw bruh, everybody didn't agree... Remember... They were talking about DJ the same why they are talking about Brian right now. He's not a #1, he shouldn't get paid... We're going to lose Burns and end up in the same situation on Defense that we are on offense.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

The huddle told me DJ Moore isn't a no 1 receiver.

Yup...  and I literally just had that debate again with a huddler last week when I again reminded everyone that DJ is a top 5 WR in the league.  Talent-wise, he absolutely is, he's just been stuck in trash ass offenses with the majority of it being stuck with subpar QBs.

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, Future of the Funchise said:

Naw bruh, everybody didn't agree... Remember... They were talking about DJ the same why they are talking about Brian right now. He's not a #1, he shouldn't get paid... We're going to lose Burns and end up in the same situation on Defense that we are on offense.

Nah. DJ has been a spark and playmaker of the offense for years, kind of like how Cam dragged the offense kicking and screaming. Burns is not that, at least not commensurate with the money he is asking for.

Puka Nakua, CMC, DJ Moore all offensive talent an offensive genius could have really used to be game changers here in Carolina. Fitterer has made our last two GM’s look like Canton inductees. 

At this point I don’t trust Fitterer to send off, pick in the draft, or trade any talent. I think the next GM should make the call. 

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup...  and I literally just had that debate again with a huddler last week when I again reminded everyone that DJ is a top 5 WR in the league.  Talent-wise, he absolutely is, he's just been stuck in trash ass offenses with the majority of it being stuck with subpar QBs.

Yup. I argued with folks about this for years and still couldn't get through. Now look at us.

spacer.png

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yup. I argued with folks about this for years and still couldn't get through. Now look at us.

spacer.png

This is what I keep going back to when folks argue that DJ Moore levels receivers are easier to find than good young pass rushers. Just look at our history. Which has been harder for us to find? We have a rich history of pass rushers. Meanwhile our history at WR is straight up trash once you get past Smitty, Moose, and Moore. Our #4 all-time WR barely produced over 2500 yards for us.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I keep going back to when folks argue that DJ Moore levels receivers are easier to find than good young pass rushers. Just look at our history. Which has been harder for us to find? We have a rich history of pass rushers. Meanwhile our history at WR is straight up trash once you get past Smitty, Moose, and Moore. Our #4 all-time WR barely produced over 2500 yards for us.

It's funny how we've been able to nail our drafts in certain positions: LB, DE, DT, CB over the years but strike out at others (TE, WR, etc). That has to be placed on poor scouting, the inability to get the most out of talented players, or the GM over ignoring the scout's opinion and/or thinking he he has a better idea of what the team needs.

At times it does seem like Carolina needs to take a hard look at the scouting department and consider making some changes. We are drafting too many mediocre/bad players after the 1st round. You can't win like that in today's NFL.

• Pie 1

Just now, SCO96 said:

It's funny how we've been able to nail our drafts in certain positions: LB, DE, DT, CB over the years but strike out at others (TE, WR, etc). That has to be placed on poor scouting, the inability to get the most out of talented players, or the GM over ignoring the scout's opinion and/or thinking he he has a better idea of what the team needs.

At times it does seem like Carolina needs to take a hard look at the scouting department and consider making some changes. We are drafting too many mediocre/bad players after the 1st round. You can't win like that in today's NFL.

Probably a side effect of historically always having defensive minded coaches. They knew defense. They pushed to use most of their resources in defense.

• Pie 2