• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our former WR1 update

NAS

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I definitely think Hurts is a different tier QB

But it’s hard to ignore the difference the likely best OL in the league  and likely one of the the worst if not THE worst has on the QB play.   Not to mention development.   Because Hurts has made huge growth and development behind that OL.  

Won't argue against that. Bears O-Line is cheeks even if Fields does himself few favors. A whole lot easier to get better behind a good line than a bad one. 

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think fields hate comes from The people on this board constantly using horns injuries as the reason us taking not taking fields was dumb and set the franchise back.

we didn’t take a qb that draft, and its looking like that it wasn’t a bad call to avoid a qb. However, we will seee.

It’s also hard though to point at a QB and see him flounder somewhere and argue the same things occurs if he went to the 31 other spots.  Situations, cast, coaching and landing spots makes or breaks careers. 

I don’t think Cam Newton would have been rookie of the year with the 31 other teams.   We had 2 pro bowlers in the backfield, multiple pro bowl linemen, 2 stud TEs, and a HOF WR….AND were willing to adopt the college read option and normalize it for Cam.  All that contributed to his early success.  I think same guy could of been really bad on a weak team that wanted him to be traditional.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It is, but he also has 2 additional years of the same film with zero progression over that time period.

He very well might get better this season but I personally don't think he will as I was never high on him as a passer to begin with and was never upset we didn't draft him.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't have been high on him as a passer because he was historically accurate in college. It's really not his passing that's getting him, it's his processing. It's the same reason why he slid in the draft. 

Fields didn't look very good but I am okay with letting him play out the season.  If he improves good, if not Poles did a good job giving the team options with picks in a nice QB class.  It's only one game but none of the QBs from this draft are making me regret we traded the #1 pick.  I do like the upside on Richardson though.

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

My brother used to say some teams are meant to be QB-less. Look at what happened to Rodgers. He used to swear that if Harrington and Carr went somewhere else they would have been successful.

Same way I think Fields would have been better if drafted by somebody else. In some weird universe twist there is a Mahomes that was drafted by the Jets and turned out terrible.

The Bengals finally broke the mold. Gotta give the Jets and Bears of the league hope.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The better protect him if they want him to last.  He looked like crap behind that OL this past week.  

The Bengals OL has been pretty bad most of his career and it got his knee blown out once before.

It's tough for any QB to look good when the OL plays truly poorly. People crying about Rodgers getting hurt ruining the Jets' season are just ignoring how atrocious that OL looked. I'm surprised Wilson didn't get hurt too. If that OL doesn't play better they're gonna go through several QBs to get through 17 games.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Maybe Stroud can break the OSU curse with NFL QBs.  It's real. 

It's real alright.  Fields will not break it. It's up to CJ Stroud now.

It's the same with USC qb's.  They look like world beaters in college and then every single one drafted into the nfl have been a bust. You would think these kids would learn the history of being drafted out of those schools and either not go or transfer out before they get cursed as well.

Stay away from OSU and USC qb's. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It is, but he also has 2 additional years of the same film with zero progression over that time period.

He very well might get better this season but I personally don't think he will as I was never high on him as a passer to begin with and was never upset we didn't draft him.

Was gonna say the same thing.

Yeah it's early, but it's not like we haven't seen this from Fields before.

And I know there are folks who think it would have been different if he were here, but given who was in charge at the time that's kind of a tough argument to defend.

Rhule didn't really want a rookie. And frankly he doesn't really fit the profile for the kind of quarterback Reich prefers.

The Ohio State QB curse strikes again.

Edited by Mr. Scot