• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They Took him Out Twice…

L-TownCat

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

I think they were both the same play. The false start f'd it up, so they ran it again later. Pretty sure it was a trick play. Pulled Bryce for the QB sneak, everybody in the stadium knows it's a sneak, but then it's not a sneak. Play doesn't work if you leave Bryce in. Andy Dalton was the sales pitch.

Said the same to Lady Cowboy Fan.

Turned to her right at the time they lined up and said "they're not gonna sneak it, this is a fake out" but when the false start blew it up I didn't think we'd see it again.

Was kinda happy we did because I wanted to know if I was right 😄

49 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I do think he could still turn it around, so I'm hoping he can start hitting the deep balls. I'd rather lose because he threw a couple INTs but also connected deep than have a day like today where the game just drags out and he plays so cautiously...

The coaching staff is playing too carefully. They need to open the playbook and see what the kid can do. It seems like they are giving him training wheels and trying to develop him too conservatively a little at a time.

19 minutes ago, Purrnicious said:

I don't think it's dumb at all, look at the team that beat us tonight. Did Derrick Carr run any QB sneaks? No, they put Taysom Hill in there and ran for multiple first downs despite the entire stadium knowing he wasn't throwing the ball.

The real question is why we don't have someone like Hill to sub in on 3rd or 4th and 1

I got a guy in mind lol

1 hour ago, Purrnicious said:

The real question is why we don't have someone like Hill to sub in on 3rd or 4th and 1

Maybe for the same reason 30 other teams don't? 😕

The primary reason why the Saints have Hill is because Sean Payton insisted on keeping him and signing into a good contract. Payton believed Hill was gonns be their next franchise quarterback after Brees retired.

That didn't exactly happen, but they still found a way to use him.

Has yet to impress any other team enough to try and duplicate it though.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Here’s one. Where are the others. 

What is the point of your initial post though? The offense has been utter trash for 5 weeks now, so there is obviously something not up to par. You seem to be calling out that the offense is underperforming compared to other teams with rookies and I agree, along with the reality that the entire staff and offensive skill talent has been rebuilt. It's the literal definition of a rebuilding year.

5 hours ago, mav1234 said:

CJ - I felt he had all the tools and was so impressed vs Georgia.  Plus, I wanted him because I felt he had a high ceiling but also was generally the guy that was the most likely to have a good career. Both AR and BY were huge risks in completely opposite ways. 

I said early on in the draft process that I believed it was between Young and Stroud but my desire was Richardson.  Supposably, we have QB minds all over the place and Richardson would have fit in well with them while learning the position.

After 2 Weeks IMO Richardson looks the best out of all three.  

I'm not unhitching my wagon from Young as I think it is going to take some time for him to get comfortable and than he'll show why we drafted him #1. (Or at least I hope so)

My heart said draft Anthony Richardson because he reminds me of Cam. My brain said draft CJ Stroud because he looks like the prototypical quarterback. The Huddle convinced me that Young would be the best pick because he aced his IQ test.

Edited by Car123

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Has yet to impress any other team enough to try and duplicate it though.

That's because most quarterbacks are of prototypical size and can run the sneak just fine. When NO picked up Hill they had Breese, who you don't want running sneaks. 

If your QB is Jalen Hurts you don't need to sub him out. We didn't draft Jalen Hurts though. 

When we drafted young we should have signed some sort of backup running QB or at least a power running back, this team has neither and so now our options for 4th and 1 are just trick plays, which is a disaster.