• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Time to Trade Burns

tukafan21

Honestly, I'd inactivate him each week until we can get a trade done at this point, can't risk him getting hurt and losing any trade value.

This team is not even remotely close to being a contender, not this year and at this rate, not for a couple years.

There is no point in paying Burns what we'll need to pay him, just for us to continue to be a sub .500 team when the alternative is getting a couple firsts (yes, someone will still give us that) and 2 high quality players with that 30-35 million in cap space we won't have to use on him.

That's a 4 for 1 deal and as good as Burns can be, we need the 4 starter level players more right now.

And I don't say this lightly, I love Burns the player and person, I was also leading the charge all offseason to just pay him what he wanted to get it done.  But now that we see what this team is right now, and that we still can't get a deal done, it's just time to do what's best for the franchise right now and move him for a haul.

• Pie 4

Even last year I can't believe we didn't take the Rams offer. He is NOT a game changer for us. He could be for someone else that just needs that 1 piece, an edge-rusher in his case. But, as our team sits today...it would be a total waste to pay him what he wants, even if he deserves it (which I don't think he does).

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts can't afford too. He wouldn't get anywhere close to what he turned down from the Rams and he'd get skewered for trading him mater for significantly less.

Sunk cost

You can't continue to make the wrong decision just because of a past decision that went wrong.

You have to make the best move from here on out.

And people thinking we won't get a big trade like that are nuts, he's a 25 year old pass rusher that regardless of what the fans on here think about him or his limitations, the league views as an elite pass rusher.  

Someone will give up multiple firsts, or a first and a combination of 2nd or other quality players, something like that would be offered for him, no question about it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Incorrect 

teams know that Burns is in a contract year. If the panthers cannot resign him before next offseason, Burns can walk for nothing. Therefore, if the panthers get desperate after not being able to extend Burns before trade deadline, they may be force to trade him. Unless a playoff teams get into a bidding war, we aren't getting much in return for him now