• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have a wide receiver problem

Verge

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Players are giving up on their routes early, we are calling rub routes but we are missing the rub, the timing is off on our meshes, and multiple receivers are in the same area at the same time on several plays. It’s pretty bad….

After all the slow starts Reich has had its very concerning he still chose not to use the preseason this year especially with all the new pieces. I despised Ron for being set in his sh!tty ways maybe Reich isn’t too far behind

Edited by *FreeFua*

8 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Im not so sure its a WR problem as it is an offensive playcalling problem. The reigning SB champs just did it with a WR1 of JSS and Travis Kelce. Theilen can get open. That’s been what he made a career doing. Great offensive minds scheme guys open. Our offense right now makes Mike Shula look like Andy Reid.

If you gave us Kelce, MVS, and Juju we would look completely different.....they aren't the best trio in the league but all 3 are better than anyone on our squad.  Our problem isn't 1 thing but it is about 30% receivers, 30% play calling, 30% O-line, and 10% rookie QB.  

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Terrace Marshall has disappeared again, I think he played 30% of the passing snaps while Mingo played 90 something.

Safe to label him as a bust.

he is either a) injured or b) completely in the dog house with this new coaching staff  or c) sucks because how he hasn't made this into the perfect opportunity to show he's a viable WR in this league is insane 

5 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

I did notice that there were a few times Theilen looked confused at the line before the snap and had to reset Mingo so they were lined up correctly and not about to get an illegal formation penalty. Not a good look for Mingo.

Even Bryce wasn’t lining up correctly lol. 

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Halfway through the all 22… I know this isn’t what you want to hear but it isn’t a play calling issue… it’s an execution issue. 

Exactly.  The coaches can't run the plays for the players, they can only call them and expect them to execute the play.

Our WRs suck.  If Thielen ends up being our best WR, then that's a major issue.  Too many people are giving TMJ slack.  He's bad and I don't see him getting better.  Put like this, he's the WR comparable to Ian Thomas as a TE.

• Pie 2

Top 10 in receiving this far.  Rams have a rookie and a 2nd year player in it.  Atwell and Pucua.   They lost Kupp.  It’s their scheme and playcaling that help everyone top to bottom. 

You take any WR we got and I’d bet a nickel they would find themselves more open on a team like the Rams.  

its not the only issue, but Frank does no one any favors.  He isn’t going to give Thomas the call sheet because it would highlight the fact Frank isn’t good.  And he knows that is the narrative setting on him.  It’s why he got fired.  

It’s not just the execution.  You can put players in bad/tough spots and the execution then becomes harder because of what you are asking players.  We got 1 slow guy that can run legit routes.  So yeah, you can ask guys do things that they will excute poorly.  Take a Shenault.  He is the best example.  You have to help him because he is limited.  His execution will suck on a lot of the asks you could give him. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Top 10 in receiving this far.  Rams have a rookie and a 2nd year player in it.  Atwell and Pucua.   They lost Kupp.  It’s their scheme and playcaling that help everyone top to bottom. 

You take any WR we got and I’d bet a nickel they would find themselves more open on a team like the Rams.  

its not the only issue, but Frank does no one any favors.  He isn’t going to give Thomas the call sheet because it would highlight the fact Frank isn’t good.  And he knows that is the narrative setting on him.  It’s why he got fired.  

And it's why he'll be fired here if he doesn't adjust

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s not just the execution.  You can put players in bad/tough spots and the execution then becomes harder because of what you are asking players.  We got 1 slow guy that can run legit routes.  So yeah, you can ask guys do things that they will excute poorly.  Take a Shenault.  He is the best example.  You have to help him because he is limited.  His execution will suck on a lot of the asks you could give him. 

I really think that's the biggest issue at the moment for this offense. It's not a bad offensive scheme, but it's complicated, and NONE of these skill position guys have played together before this season. Playbook might be too open for everyone to be on the same page, not just Bryce. 

If this staff is smart they will simplify some concepts that will put the players in positions to be successful moving forward, and gradually open things up as they get more comfortable. 

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Terrace Marshall has disappeared again, I think he played 30% of the passing snaps while Mingo played 90 something.

I think they see Mingo as the long term option to pair with a free agent receiver next year and will have him out on the field as much as possible to develop with Bryce.

• Pie 1

I think Byrce needs to get the runningbacks involved more in the passing game.

Watching the film I saw several instances where Sanders and even Shenault were open in the flats and Byrce didn't look their way. 

If you're going to be checkdown Charlie you have to be efficient with the check downs, Brady made a killing checking down to his Rbs in the flats. 

Make the defense defend the whole field and you will open things up in the middle.

The last drive that we scored was essentially him checking down to Hubbard in the flats and moving the sticks, the announcers claim Saints were in prevent, but based on the tape that play was open all game. 

Here Hubbard had nothing but daylight in front of him if Bryce looks his way, the play resulted in a incompletion instead. 

Screenshot_20230920_083220_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230920_083121_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Pantherxtreme said:

I think Byrce needs to get the runningbacks involved more in the passing game.

Watching the film I saw several instances where Sanders and even Shenault were open in the flats and Byrce didn't look their way. 

If you're going to be checkdown Charlie you have to be efficient with the check downs, Brady made a killing checking down to his Rbs in the flats. 

Make the defense defend the whole field and you will open things up in the middle.

The last drive that we scored was essentially him checking down to Hubbard in the flats and moving the sticks, the announcers claim Saints were in prevent, but based on the tape that play was open all game. 

Here Hubbard had nothing but daylight in front of him if Bryce looks his way, the play resulted in a incompletion instead. 

Screenshot_20230920_083220_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230920_083121_Chrome.jpg

Having your offense reliant on checkdowns to Hubbard is not a recipe for success.

On one  Bryce throw to Chubba in the Saints game,  Chubba was so surprised he caught it, he tackled himself.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Having your offense reliant on checkdowns to Hubbard is not a recipe for success.

On one  Bryce throw to Chubba in the Saints game,  Chubba was so surprised he caught it, he tackled himself.

Why is Chubbard in the game running routes if he not viable option. 

A clear first down if Byrce get the ball out to the back.

I have no idea what you mean by reliant, you get the ball to the open guy who is able to advance it, that's how efficient offenses work.