• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m at the midway point of my life (41) and it’s starting to sink that I may not see this team win a Super Bowl….

TheBigKat

23 minutes ago, d-dave said:

HAS SOMEONE COMMENTED ON MY ABILITY TO FAN HOW I WANT ON THE INTERWEBZ!?!?!?  I MUST IMMEDATELY FLY TO MY KEYBOARD IN RAGE!!!!!!

keyboard-warrior-flyingupload-transparen

😃  

That’s younger me all day long.

And if I’m honest, that’s still me from time to time. I just realize what’s happening and laugh at myself more nowadays lol. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

I was pretty surprised how loud the stadium got Sunday. So sad to see fans with hope being let down and as usual dying down as the game goes on. I’m not spending money on games anymore and haven’t for years. The irony would be Tepper selling his toy because of revenue loss from tanking it.

Tepper needs to hire someone to help him. JR did it, then went to the Super Bowl, albeit due to Cam. Why can’t Tepper hire someone? Can anyone give me a good reason why he can’t?

His enormous ego. That’s why. Otherwise he would keep his punk ass away from football decisions. 

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'm 43, and while I love to root for my Panthers, and I've been around since the founding days; it's not going to be some major loss in my life if the Panthers never win another game before I die, whether that's today or in 50 years.

Pro sports are entertainment.  If it becomes an obsession to a point where it negatively affects your family, your friends, your career - then it's not the Panthers' problem, it's yours.  

I love the Panthers, love talking football, watching the games, and the hopium of the summer.  But when they lose, it's "oh well" from me.  I'm actively working to create effective boundaries from my passions and hobbies so they don't have a negative impact on my life.

Does that make me a bad fan?  Maybe to some.  I'm just trying to be real.  Trying to live in this world and be happy.  Can the Panthers be part of the good?  Sure!  But I'm not going to let the Panthers ruin another second of my life when they aren't successful.  I wasted too much time being angry, mopey, and a pain in the butt when the Panthers sucked.  I'm a big boy now - I've got plenty of other things to suck the joy out of my life than the Panthers.  LOL.

Good post. I feel the same.

I used to care a lot. I’m 35 now and I have other sh!t to worry about. It used to be when the Panthers lost on a Sunday my Sunday was ruined. Win or lose I’m out walking my dogs during the late games and I don’t care.

I’m an LA Angels fan and I despise their owner. To the point I’ve lost all interest. I’m actually thankful it’s happened because it made me realize I cared wayyyyy too much. They won a World Series in 2002 and it was cool but that was over a day later. 

Point is, sure it would be cool to see the Panthers win a SB and it’s definitely a lot more fun/interesting when they’re playing meaningful football but had they won in 03 or 15 would that change anything now? No. 

Sports really are just entertainment and at the end of the day it’s more entertaining when they’re winning but that’s all. I can flip on KC and watch Mahomes do some cool stuff and it’s just as entertaining 

• Pie 3

41 and you are worried about seeing us not win a Superbowl.  In my screen name the 55 stands for the year I was born. I have been here since the start. I couldn't afford to go to Superbowl 38 but did go to Superbowl 50 and took the whole family. I really did think we were going to win. I said I hoped it wouldn't take another 12 years but it looks like it might. So I can bitch and worry about the Panthers not winning a Superbowl in my lifetime.  Wait another 25 or 30 years and if we haven't win one by then, you are justified in worrying and bitching. Just saying.....

For the record I think we will be in a superbowl in 5 years and hopefully we finally win one.  I plan to be there when we do.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, toldozer said:

Shedeur was the way. We blew our load a year too early. 

That kid is special.

He's doing it behind a bad Oline. 

He's probably going to be the #1 pick in 2025. I think he returns to Colorado to stay with his dad compete for Nat'l championship. Reportedly he's the 2nd highest paid NIL college athlete behind Lebron's son.

• Pie 1

On 9/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, SCP said:

I don’t think Tepper is worth a poo. I’m keeping my PSLs for two more seasons then I’m retiring from the Sunday tailgates and watching from home. I’ll still hit one road game a year, but the days of all the hard work, expense, and annoyance that goes into being a diehard tailgating fan are coming to an end. Tepper doesn’t deserve it. 

Over the years I tried to make it to one game a year (I live in Richmond). But with my son grown up and gone and the team stuck in a years-long funk, going to a game is getting less and less exciting. I hope that turns around because I miss seeing exciting football in person in BoA. 

• Pie 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:22 PM, *FreeFua* said:

Good post. I feel the same.

I used to care a lot. I’m 35 now and I have other sh!t to worry about. It used to be when the Panthers lost on a Sunday my Sunday was ruined. Win or lose I’m out walking my dogs during the late games and I don’t care.

I’m an LA Angels fan and I despise their owner. To the point I’ve lost all interest. I’m actually thankful it’s happened because it made me realize I cared wayyyyy too much. They won a World Series in 2002 and it was cool but that was over a day later. 

Point is, sure it would be cool to see the Panthers win a SB and it’s definitely a lot more fun/interesting when they’re playing meaningful football but had they won in 03 or 15 would that change anything now? No. 

Sports really are just entertainment and at the end of the day it’s more entertaining when they’re winning but that’s all. I can flip on KC and watch Mahomes do some cool stuff and it’s just as entertaining 

Meaningful quote from this post "But that was over a day later". Fleeting joy for a 24 hour football high....exciting at the moment, but then real life kicks in again.

Edited by Jmac

I get it man, and what I found that works for me was changing the amount of emotional stock I put into the Panthers actual game and their outcome.  Do I want a win, yes . However the joy or anger that I use to carry into days after the game is gone and I usually carry that feeling for maybe an hour or two.  

My focus and reason for enjoying the game now is for reasons outside of the game. I enjoy the tailgate if we're going to the game and I enjoy the backyard grilling and the chance to hang out with friends and drink while we have something on the TV.

So use the Panthers playing as a good chance to hang with the bros and focus on that instead of if we get the W or not and your stress level will decrease dramatically.

• Pie 1