• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much do you think Tepper influenced "the pick"

TheBigKat

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Daniel Snyder had his hands all over Washington and repeatedly over ruled his football guys. He's actually the reason Burns is a Panther. The GM and coaches didn't want Haskins but that was who he wanted and he made that pick. They took Sweat, an edge rusher, with their second 1st rounder.

Agree 100%. The Panthers are now Washington. Since 2019, there is one common denominator in the Panther's never ending chase for that elusive QB. That is David Tepper. From Bridgewater to Darnold to Mayfield to Young. All Tepper.

His impatience has nearly destroyed this franchise. In 2020, just go with who you got and lose. Don't trade draft picks. Just lose. Just about everyone would have understood. Rebuild. Start from scratch. Reboot. 

And then...they signed Bridgewater. And some of us wondered: Why if this is a rebuild?

The Bridgewater signing was the first indication that this owner was never going to rebuild. Which has led to a complete Cluster ----.

I have NO DOUBT this franchise would be better off if I was running things. Why? Because I would get the ----out of the way and find a football guy to run things. Not simply a GM. But a President that oversees the entire operation. Bring in someone like Bill Poiian as a consultant in 2019 to put the pieces together...build a front office.

Find another hobby folks. This cluster ---- isn't going to get better.

Daniel Snyder clone.

Edited by Hogan
  • Pie 1

1% 

And that 1% was solely Fitterer and Reich asking if he was good with the pick and him saying yes.

I think he is 99% responsible for forcing the issue and making them trade up to draft a QB, but I think at that point, he stepped aside and let the football people do their thing and make the choice. 

The guy just wants to win and he's not Snyder, he knows he doesn't know as much as these guys on the football side, I really do think he's letting them make all the football decisions.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Castavar said:

Well, considering Tepper was already enamored with Bryce when he met him at the superbowl and told him he would love to see him in Carolina. Not to mention his wife "falling in love" with Bryce, I'd say he and his wife pretty much made the decision. As a new coach, are you really going to go against the grain of your boss man and his wife? Yeah, no.

If this was the scenario than Reich is weak and not a leader of men. He is already a millionaire and likely set for life. He doesn’t need to kiss the bosses ass as if he is a part time McDonald’s employee desperate for more hours. He has all the incentive in the world to bang the table for “his” QB if he favored someone other than Bryce. The idea that he would blindly go along with David Tepper and his fuging wife infuriates me for some reason lol

11 hours ago, Hogan said:

His impatience has nearly destroyed this franchise. In 2020, just go with who you got and lose. Don't trade draft picks. Just lose. Just about everyone would have understood. Rebuild. Start from scratch. Reboot. 

And then...they signed Bridgewater. And some of us wondered: Why if this is a rebuild?

The Bridgewater signing was the first indication that this owner was never going to rebuild. Which has led to a complete Cluster ----.

As an owner, you essentially have to tear it down in the last year of the coach you’re going to fire anyway, like JR did in 2010 with Fox. We were all pissed that he was doing it but we landed Cam and started the rebuild with a new HC. His only mistake is that you should also start with a new GM as well who hires his own HC. Tepper got it all ass backwards. 

• Flames 1