• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrified Cj stroud will be a stud

Frank9999

8 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I thought we were taking Shroud after Josh said he looks like fuging Burrow at Ohio State... but nope, they over thought it.

Stroud impressed at the combine in Indy.  Young didn't participate.  Immediately after the combine Carolina traded for the #1 pick.  I was certain that Carolina would take Stroud.  Did they want Stroud but then later changed their minds?

In any event, Young is a baller and I think he's going to be really good.  Whatever issues Carolina has have nothing to do with Young.  I think Young has played as well as can be expected and I think he's looked fine.  This isn't a one-year fix for Carolina or, for that matter, Houston, or Indianapolis.  

I think the young QB's will be as good as management allows them to be through the draft and free agency. 

It's too bad Young wasn't available against Seattle because I think Carolina showed a lot of heart and toughness.  I think Young would have been the difference. 

• Beer 2

Bryce Young will be a bust. He'll be injured a lot, doesn't have an arm strong enough for the NFL, not accurate throwing the ball more than 15 yards, too small. Plus, he was hand picked by the worst front office in NFL history (Tepper and his wife, Scott Fitterer and Reich).

Here is a thread on the Texans subreddit thanking Lovie Smith from saving them from drafting Bryce Young. I just wish we had the people in our front office who was good at evaluating talent like most top teams do. But not the Panthers. We will just be selecting garbage player after garbage player.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Texans/comments/16r6tf8/apologize/

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud impressed at the combine in Indy.  Young didn't participate.  Immediately after the combine Carolina traded for the #1 pick.  I was certain that Carolina would take Stroud.  Did they want Stroud but then later changed their minds?

In any event, Young is a baller and I think he's going to be really good.  Whatever issues Carolina has have nothing to do with Young.  I think Young has played as well as can be expected and I think he's looked fine.  This isn't a one-year fix for Carolina or, for that matter, Houston, or Indianapolis.  

I think the young QB's will be as good as management allows them to be through the draft and free agency. 

It's too bad Young wasn't available against Seattle because I think Carolina showed a lot of heart and toughness.  I think Young would have been the difference. 

Stroud was the pick until Nicole got involved.  

4 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I love the confidence but you think rookie Bryce Young would have helped more against that crowd causing false starts than veteran Andy Dalton?

CJ Stroud has the second most yards for a rookie QB ever through three games only behind Cam Newton who’s rookie season started with the lockout so veterans weren’t getting together like a normal offseason. 

CJ Stroud now has the most passes to start his career by an NFL rookie without throwing an interception. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Young is absolutley a big part of Carolina's offensive issues at the moment, but that doesn't mean he can't and/or won't get better. It's not a coincidence that the team looked more competent, or at least less incompetent, as soon as he was out.

Again though, he's only one problem among many and there is plenty of runway for him to improve.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

CJ Stroud has the second most yards for a rookie QB ever through three games only behind Cam Newton who’s rookie season started with the lockout so veterans weren’t getting together like a normal offseason. 

CJ Stroud now has the most passes to start his career by an NFL rookie without throwing an interception. 

Meanwhile we traded the whole farm to draft a guy getting thoroughly outplayed by a washed up Andy Dalton.

I just hope he can improve.

The difference in arm talent is pretty stark between Stroud and Young. 

And Stroud seems to be “processing” more than fast enough, which looks like a manufactured red flag that was tied to Stroud after the S2 shenanigans.  

Unless Bryce takes some huge leap and the first two games are lying, this is going to be painful to watch. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I'm a homer too, 55+. I play the analytics when it comes to QBs. No OSU and no heisman QB's. Hope both prove this wrong but its got a strong history. Cam was one exception.

Edited by Johnstonny