• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Time

Proudiddy

personnel is an issue…a serious one on both sides of the ball…can’t expect any different going from a 3 4 to a 4 3 and then a 1990s offense with said personnel 

Sadly, this team has not one single playmaker on offense…not one anyone fears and an atrocious offensive line …and it’s not going to change in 2023..that ship has sailed 

The defense has  3  players…all number 1 picks…one is constantly out…one always disappears after one or two plays a game…one is inconsistent week to week 

my advice…if you are going to watch, stop caring. …you cannot change one single thing in the nfl… watch more polished teams or go spend time with family and friends 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

To check out, to quit, to find a new team, whatever you prefer.

We hired a retread, shitty coach who thinks 1950s offense is innovative and cutting edge.

We just watched a team up 15 points with 4 minutes in a game left go for a two-point conversion, the QB run backwards 20 yards and then throw it from the numbers on one side of the field to past the numbers on the opposite side of the field into the endzone, and they converted it with two defenders on that receiver.

I always say, I constantly see crazy poo happen to us that I've never seen in any other game or happen to any other team but us...  file that two-point conversion under that category.

And yes, we saw the receivers are solid and functional with Dalton, but regardless of what happens with Bryce, the coaching and playcalling under Reich is complete and utter ass.  So if we're stuck with Reich, Bryce is fighting an uphill battle regardless of how his skills and ability would project on their own.

Today is a very sad day of realizations.  We fuged up big time and we're in a deep, deep hole.  This isn't just some regular old rebuild...  we are in a bad way. 

That two point conversion was sad. 

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

personnel is an issue…a serious one on both sides of the ball…can’t expect any different going from a 3 4 to a 4 3 and then a 1990s offense with said personnel 

Sadly, this team has not one single playmaker on offense…not one anyone fears and an atrocious offensive line …and it’s not going to change in 2023..that ship has sailed 

The defense has  3  players…all number 1 picks…one is constantly out…one always disappears after one or two plays a game…one is inconsistent week to week 

my advice…if you are going to watch, stop caring. …you cannot change one single thing in the nfl… watch more polished teams or go spend time with family and friends 

Sound advice folks.  A team this void of playmakers ain’t winning in this league.  We should sit Bryce and hope we hit early round two next draft.  Have to resign Burns unless he brings at least 2 firsts.

Cut all these below average players and fill back in…get a real GM that knows talent

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Lol

what….you don’t remember the downfall of Capers and the a Seifert era, then the down fall of delhomme and Fox…those were not ‘exciting to watch ‘

It was pathetic 

Downfalls? You have to be competitive quickly to have a downfall. If you're not a dynasty, you'll have 2 or 3 down seasons in a decade.

Capers was 1 year. Seifert was 1 year. Fox was 2009 and a forced lame duck year. That's 4 seasons in 16 seasons.

Tepper has strung together all 4 of those seasons from 2019 to 2022. Doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. Hope we see the signs from Reich & his foundation of players soon.

If the Panthers could have a 1995, 1999, or 2008 season the fan base would be excited. May even be happy with a 1997, 2000, and 2006 season. If Reich could have a first season like Capers, Seifert, and Fox you'd be touting Reich as a superstar coach.

Those seasons were not pathetic. Pathetic is 5 straight seasons with the best highlight being an interim HC pushing for the playoffs & being released for a coach that can't be competitive with an entire offseason.

Still an outside shot at a 7 to 8 win season. We'll soon see if Reich can go 8-6 in the next 14 games.

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Sadly, I am forced to agree with you on this one.

Hiring Reich might be an even bigger fug up than hiring Matt Rhule when it's all said and done.

I can't believe I just typed those words, but yeah. At least Rhule was an unknown quantity in the pros; Reich had already been fired once. This is why you don't hire retreads.

The common culprit, Tepper.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Downfalls? You have to be competitive quickly to have a downfall. If you're not a dynasty, you'll have 2 or 3 down seasons in a decade.

Capers was 1 year. Seifert was 1 year. Fox was 2009 and a forced lame duck year. That's 4 seasons in 16 seasons.

Tepper has strung together all 4 of those seasons from 2019 to 2022. Doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. Hope we see the signs from Reich & his foundation of players soon.

If the Panthers could have a 1995, 1999, or 2008 season the fan base would be excited. May even be happy with a 1997, 2000, and 2006 season. If Reich could have a first season like Capers, Seifert, and Fox you'd be touting Reich as a superstar coach.

Those seasons were not pathetic. Pathetic is 5 straight seasons with the best highlight being an interim HC pushing for the playoffs & being released for a coach that can't be competitive with an entire offseason.

Still an outside shot at a 7 to 8 win season. We'll soon see if Reich can go 8-6 in the next 14 games.

This is your direct quote 

The Panthers have been exciting to watch and competitive from 1995 to 2017. It all came to an end when the core of Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis & Charles Johnson reached the end following 2017.’

now, you cherry pick years.  It wasn’t  like these coaches had one bad year, they had several….Capers with Collins, Carruth, Greene choking a coach and so on….Siefert was positively horrible for the qb experiment with Jeff Lewis forward…then Fox culminating with passing on QBs like Aaron Rodgers and and Ben and going through how many QBs until Clausen 

I was at the stadium for most of the earlier games 1996 through 1999 then a PSL owner and duration mercifully ends in 2024.  I can assure you there was nothing  much entertaining about it