• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To stop the hemorrhaging, we have to stop trading away and trading for players

TheBigKat

48 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

If I had known Fitt would be this horrific at drafting, I would have never supported the McCaffrey trade. Yeesh.

Fitt and Gettleman were just horrid drafters. At least Marty hit all-pros in the first round every year.

For real, get the Hurn dog back for 1st round picks only 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I think he was holding himself out with niggles.

Dude didn't play in his Bowl game in College - it's in his DNA to think of himself first. 

???

He's played in 23 straight games since the start of last season, and he's scored a TD in 12 straight games. He's a durable guy who had a couple of freak injury-filled years because he was asked to touch the ball 400+ a season for 3 straight years. SF just knows how to utilize him better.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

???

He's played in 23 straight games since the start of last season, and he's scored a TD in 12 straight games. He's a durable guy who had a couple of freak injury-filled years because he was asked to touch the ball 400+ a season for 3 straight years. SF just knows how to utilize him better.

He played in 10 games for the Panthers across the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He kept on sitting out with soft tissue injuries.

Look at how much the 49ers used him last year - it wasn't a quantity issue, dude just wanted to save the tread he had on his tyres and made a business decision not to waste it with this franchise / Rhule. 

Specifically regarding drafted players; this staff/front office needs to exercise more patience with these draft picks. 

Don’t draft players, particularly those you know are a project, then cut them the next year after 1 season. 

That’s dumb. 

They may not be good, but you should build in giving at least two years to every player you trusted to draft.

Brandon Smith comes to mind. He’s not on a roster, so he probably doesn’t have “it”, however, he was CLEARLY a project type athlete, and you quit on him after a year?

Shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Gotta love posting a cherry picked list of transactions like that is all he has done

Should we ignore the Free Agent signings that have been good?  Thielen, Hekker, Riddick, Chark, Sanders, Luvu, Bell, Damien Williams, Bozeman

We also traded Robbie Anderson for 2 picks - wasn't worth $20, and traded Arnold and a 5th rounder for Henderson - we won that deal with Arnold doing nothing and CJ at least a starter at the nickel

Our drafts were trash for a decade outside of Round 1 - that wasn't all Fitterer either.  Clearly he hasn't been the best, but he has done alot of good.  Unfair to act like this falls on him - especially when he has a non-football owner and a moron head coach until this year to appease.  

21 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He played in 10 games for the Panthers across the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He kept on sitting out with soft tissue injuries.

Look at how much the 49ers used him last year - it wasn't a quantity issue, dude just wanted to save the tread he had on his tyres and made a business decision not to waste it with this franchise / Rhule. 

I don't blame him at all.

5 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Gotta love posting a cherry picked list of transactions like that is all he has done

Should we ignore the Free Agent signings that have been good?  Thielen, Hekker, Riddick, Chark, Sanders, Luvu, Bell, Damien Williams, Bozeman

We also traded Robbie Anderson for 2 picks - wasn't worth $20, and traded Arnold and a 5th rounder for Henderson - we won that deal with Arnold doing nothing and CJ at least a starter at the nickel

Our drafts were trash for a decade outside of Round 1 - that wasn't all Fitterer either.  Clearly he hasn't been the best, but he has done alot of good.  Unfair to act like this falls on him - especially when he has a non-football owner and a moron head coach until this year to appease.  

This can’t be a real post 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

We’ve found Scott’s burner!!!!

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

If I had known Fitt would be this horrific at drafting, I would have never supported the McCaffrey trade. Yeesh.

Fitt and Gettleman were just horrid drafters. At least Marty hit all-pros in the first round every year.

We've never experienced an above average GM.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

McGlassfrey? 😂

I told y'all not to be surprised if he suddenly becomes much more durable if he's traded to an actual contender. Lo and behold...

I may be on my own here, but his shipping off is honestly what gets me the most riled up over anything in recent years.

He's pretty much the king of the mountain in respect to playmakers league-wide alongside JJ and Hill, and is on the best team right now. We sent him off because he quietly wanted off.  He's clearly an outlier at his position and a top-15 overall player in the league, position regardless.

We couldn't build around one of the best players in the league with any combination of Hurney, Rivera, Rhule, & Fitt.  Couldn't find an innovative coach, couldn't find a serviceable QB.  Neglecting to build around him and acting like he was hamstringing what our crappy coaches wanted to bring is arguably our biggest fail of the last 5-6 years and the one I hate the most. 

We had a situation with Cam phasing out and a new center of the offense actualized in CMC.  Perennial OPOY contender, stuck with coaching who couldn't use him and GMs who couldn't create around him.  And we ship him for mid-rounders.  

• Pie 2