• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

18 minutes ago, GOAT said:

this place is a disaster like our team, probably should just lean into it or dip out of here if you can't handle seeing sobering observations like that.

I think they are giving out free rose colored glasses at the home games. No other reason some can’t see what most other’s see. lol.  

Edited by ickmule
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I didn't bump an old thread, I created a new thread and linked an old thread and a video to show the terrifying similarities in the two players and how the fanbase reacted to the two players.

this place is a disaster like our team, probably should just lean into it or dip out of here if you can't handle seeing sobering observations like that.

You couldn’t bump the thread because it was closed to new replies but creating a new thread and just saying bro read this is pretty much the same thing. I am not a mod, but feel free to take it up with them if you have a problem with it. Or drink yourself into oblivion and turn into a male Karen about another thing you don’t have control over, idgaf.

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I do think we made the wrong pick (please prove me wrong Bryce, I so badly and sincerely want to be wrong).

I don't think it was Tepper

As I said in another thread, Tepper is 99% the reason for the trade, but once the trade was made, the pick itself was 99% Reich and Fitterer.

There is no proof anywhere that Tepper has been sticking his nose in specific football decisions.  Directing the team to figure out the QB position, sure, but I don't think for one second he's ever had any impact on which players we target and go after, he leaves that up to the football people.

Tepper has been involved in almost every major decision the team has made and I have to think he at least influenced the pick. I’m not saying it was all him, but to say he didn’t offer his opinion doesn’t jive with his previous behavior. 

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Except you're kinda helping to prove my point a little bit, it's clear Tepper wasn't the ultimate final call on Watson as we didn't end up getting him.

I never said he doesn't have influence on what we do, I said the trade itself was 99% him, I don't think we make the trade if he doesn't force the issue.  It basically was the same situation as the movie Draft Day, the GM/Coach weren't going to make a trade up to #1 until the owner stepped in and told them they had to make a splash move.

I think once they did that, Tepper wanted to be there to see everything and listen in on the discussions and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to be, this is what he hopes is the pick that will get him a SB and lead his franchise for the next 10-15 years.

But I 100% think in the end he let the staff make the call, he let them assemble this all start staff with a lot of QB experience, I think he let them make their choice and would have been okay with either Bryce or Stroud, whichever they all wanted.

You said there was never any sign of him putting the littlest finger on influencing the team to sign any players contract. Tepper may not have signed that contract but he was definitely forcing everything leading up to it before not pulling the trigger. There was an offer on the table from Carolina when Watson dropped the Panthers from places he would be willing to play. Just because Tepper didn't want to hand over 180m to a guy that might never take another snap in the NFL , because the NFL hadnt handed down their ruling yet, doesn't mean he wasn't involved in decisions for the future of the team. Would you hand over $50m a year to someone who might never be at work on Monday? 

I'm not saying he made the BY decision. I have no idea. I do know that he's made his opinion well known throughout the building before, and as an employee, when your boss is pressing his influence, you tend to listen to keep your paycheck, whether you agree or not. But to say there's no sign he's ever pushed his influence into decisions regarding players against the best interests of the team is naive because we've seen him do exactly that very thing. 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You said there was never any sign of him putting the littlest finger on influencing the team to sign any players contract. Tepper may not have signed that contract but he was definitely forcing everything leading up to it before not pulling the trigger. There was an offer on the table from Carolina when Watson dropped the Panthers from places he would be willing to play. Just because Tepper didn't want to hand over 180m to a guy that might never take another snap in the NFL , because the NFL hadnt handed down their ruling yet, doesn't mean he wasn't involved in decisions for the future of the team. Would you hand over $50m a year to someone who might never be at work on Monday? 

I'm not saying he made the BY decision. I have no idea. I do know that he's made his opinion well known throughout the building before, and as an employee, when your boss is pressing his influence, you tend to listen to keep your paycheck, whether you agree or not. But to say there's no sign he's ever pushed his influence into decisions regarding players against the best interests of the team is naive because we've seen him do exactly that very thing. 

• Flames 1

13 hours ago, Towelboy said:

Here’s how I imagine it went down. Tepper was impressed with a smart kid with the smart answers at dinner. He treated it as a job interview for someone to work at his hedge fund. Frank Reich and scouts wanted CJ Stroud because he had all the tools. When the S2 scores came out, Tepper said, “See, I told you he was smart” and began the move to make Young the pick. That would explain the off-season moves to get a bunch of route runners known for intermediate crossing routes - players to offset the flaws of their short, weak-armed QB. They realized they needed a deep threat, so they cheaped out and got the oft-injured Chark. I think Fitterer and Reich are bad at their jobs, but I think they were hamstrung by an owner that was duped in interview settings by a quarterback that does not have the physical traits to succeed in this league. This team has been set back 5+ years due to a poor decision to trade up and draft the wrong guy. At this point, I hope the stands are full of opposing fans and David Tepper has to stomach the fact that he botched this team. 

IMG_0673.jpeg

Fitterer has put on so much goddamn weight since he got here

how many nights a week is he posting up at buffalo wild wings

14 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Whole staff bought in on Bryce y'all are acting like the Teppers have a gun to Reich's head 

These were the same people convinced, made threads , tweeted out, etc that we were 100% taking Stroud because the reaction of all of our guys at Strouds pro day.  And that there was a video clip of McCown telling Stroud “when you move to Charlotte”

Then pointed out how none of our guys looked impressed at Bryce’s.

They just had to come up with some excuse to why they weren’t right and will die in that hill.