• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Johnson?

ATLpanther

8 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

I get it but us drafting him is water under the bridge. I hated the pick too. But god damn….special teams should be a place for an athletic freak regardless if he’s going to pan out as a pass rusher. Why the F isn’t he even playing special teams?! Why is no one asking questions about him in the media?

When you're 0-3 and pretty much look like poo a 3rd round rookie is pretty far down the list of concerns. Especially when your #1 overall pick has looked mediocre and is out with injury. All the focus is on Bryce right now, which we all knew it would be for better or worse.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

"In on every deal" is starting to look more like "call that sucker in Carolina".

There isn’t a good way to spin that trade up. No Rhule to blame and Fitt already said in his press conference there was a run on pass rushers so he felt a need to go up and grab one. If he can’t get an active spot on a defense that is half on IR in a year we are developing players that’s not a good thing…

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He looks to be a panic pick. We wanted a pass rusher and freaked out after a run was made on them. We traded up for him right??  Definitely the strangest pick of the draft for a roster with so many holes. 

They wanted Byron Young and definitely panicked. Could’ve just stood pat and got more offensive arsenal (Spears, Downs, Scott) and not given up a later pick. The EDGE class was still good enough to not reach. And we weren’t in position to reach on a project. Reaching on a boom/bust? That’s fine but not a project.

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1

Evero seems legit, so if he wanted this guy and thinks he can do something with him, then I'm still hopeful.  

Weren't most of us pretty impressed by how good he looked in preseason?  I remember seeing him flash multiple times.  Maybe he still needs a little more coaching up, that's not necessarily an awful indictment of a third round pick.  I think people are hung up on the age too much...I've said it before, just cause you're a 24 year old rookie doesn't mean you're a finished product and a technical master of your craft.  He's 24 lol he'll be in his physical prime during the entirety of his rookie contract (if he makes it to the end).  People act like he's already on the decline and we should trade him to the Rock Hill Nursing Home for a 2029 11th round pick.

• Pie 1