• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Sucks, Right?

Proudiddy

59 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Or maybe Philly had something we don't?  Wow.  I know some of it is coaching here, but we cant deny the blocking has a ron to do with it too.Screenshot_20230929_211606_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ab54d0af8d4b8cb17fb424858b5bc595.jpg

Smith balled w the Lions as well. Miles is slower w worse hands 4 sure. Pretty sure D’andre has put up 1000 all purpose yards 3 years in a row, in a rotation

Edited by Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

OL could be balling and I tend to believe Sanders would only have slightly better numbers. That fumble against the falcons changed the game. 

Two INTs from our "elite processing QB" changed the game, lack of a passing attack changed the game, going for it on 4th and failing changed the game...Jaycee Horn injury changed the game....I could go on.

44 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But this brings me back to coaching.  Sure, the OL ability and effort on the field has a lot to do with his productivity, but I made the point last week that when Wilks took over last season and we went to the power run game, the OL was dominant.  We started this year with the same OL minus Corbett, and even with Zavala in his place, we still had the personnel for a similar scheme as what we ran with Foreman last season...  and yet, our OL looks like complete ass.  I really think it's what the coaches are asking the OL and RBs to do, and it doesn't line up with their strengths.

When we had a healthy Brady and Zavala we were leading the league in yards per carry and a top 5 rushing offense. 

then we lost Brad and it all went to poo. Coaching can only go so far when it comes to talent in the trenches 

• Pie 1

Game 1. Seems like not giving Chuba more than 1 or 2 carries was a coaching issue last week. It's not like the game was out of hand in the first quarter. Reich quit on the run way too early after Sanders couldn't get anything going

Panthers
Carolina Rushing

TEAM
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
18 72 4.0 0 10
9 60 6.7 0 21
3 17 5.7 0 16
2 5 2.5 0 5
32 154 4.8 0 21

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

When we had a healthy Brady and Zavala we were leading the league in yards per carry and a top 5 rushing offense. 

then we lost Brad and it all went to poo. Coaching can only go so far when it comes to talent in the trenches 

It's just weird though...  not discounting BC or Corbett, but Zavala and Mays at the very least have the builds and what would seem like the ability to be mailers in the run game.  I haven't watched Throckmorton a ton, but it seems to be a fit for him too.  Maybe they just need more time to gel considering all of the movement along the OL so far, but idk...

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's just weird though...  not discounting BC or Corbett, but Zavala and Mays at the very least have the builds and what would seem like the ability to be mailers in the run game.  I haven't watched Throckmorton a ton, but it seems to be a fit for him too.  Maybe they just need more time to gel considering all of the movement along the OL so far, but idk...

It’s not a matter of their builds, it’s the complex run system that we deploy. When you bring in Mays and Zavala, you have to simplify your concepts.  

a perfect example is that both Zavala and mays have shown on plays that they struggle to engage then disengage and move to second level in the same timing as the rest of the line, TE and WRs. This then causes the RB to have to make the yardage on their own as opposed to creating the yardage for the back (see Eagles) 

run block schemes are not as simple as “just maul the guy in front of you” like they used to be. Week1 was a perfect example of some of

the complex concepts we were running. This is the stuff that Thomas Brown brought over from the Rams.