• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

Not Bryce’s fault he was over drafted, real issue is tepper, quit getting con by this franchise that they actually are taking winning seriously, everything he’s done since buying the team has shown otherwise 

And these stupid ass hype articles they keep putting out about Bryce just are making things worst….if you have 2 eyes you can see the bs they’ve been trying to force feed us for years 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho

In order for Bryce to work out and be worthy of what we sacrificed he has to be a borderline HOF level player. He has to be the bonafide outlier of QBs of his size and stature. That’s what has to happen.

That’s literally the gamble here. And it was a dumb one. We outsmarted ourselves just because Bryce is a “good kid”.

The reason Bryce is a super computer processor is because he had to be out of necessity. He doesn’t have the physical tools to play within the game and we are seeing it right now.

If being smart was most of what it took then Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a HOF. 

We basically traded up for a Taylor Heineke. Plenty of QBs understand the game, few can really play it at starter/elite level.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

It could be that this all star coaching staff sucks just like the last crew

Too many chiefs not a nuff indians..

Ohhh by the way who was pushing to keep the old OL coach instead of letting the new HC pick his own guy ..

It’s so crazy seeing Houston, Arizona, Indy be this competitive. We need a coach that’s progressive and adaptive. Creative. I just don’t think Reich is any of these things enough. Forget what Bryce has looked like, this teams setup is just so bad. No one wants to win, no one wants to step up and will this team. From coaching to players.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Big difference between 4 yards to go and 17 yards to go. The situation we were in today Bryce just isn't equipped to deal with. The entire D is guarding the endzone in today's scenario and you're going to have to fit a ball into a tight spot.

He threw a 17 yard TD in the red zone. He is CAPABLE of it. I’m not sure our offense is capable of executing it. He pretty much threw that pass perfectly in a tight spot. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Don’t let the local Bryce detractors fool you. You see, they messed up when they hoisted Andy Dalton’s performance last week (in a loss) as the standard that Bryce needed to meet. 

Bryce not only met that standard, he exceeded it. They told you that Andy Dalton pushed the ball down field and implied Bryce could not. Hmm…

Dalton: 6.2 YPC last week in Seattle, Bryce actually had a slightly higher average at 6.4. He took what the defense gave him and even had points negated due to poor execution of his teammates. That’s not on him. 

Dalton’s passer rating last week: 88.4.           Bryce’s passer rating this week: 93.2

Instead ask yourself, why does the offense look like this. The answer is that we simply don’t have the playmakers that can create more explosive plays.

Bryce executed the offense just as well. Stop being miserable haters. It’s not too late, it’s fine. We have a good young QB and you don’t need to compare him to anyone. There will always be prettier fish in the sea.  

This will be a process. We have a QB, and even those of you who don’t believe in him it’s fine. He’ll still be here when you do. 

Are we wrong for expecting our overall #1 pick to actually perform?  Especially for the price we paid for him?

This is the NFL and we expect him to live up to the lofty price paid and so far, he is not. Hell, we have no 1st round pick next year that we may have sold as the #1 overall with some good QBs upcoming. This is a debacle of epic proportions if nothing drastically changes. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He threw a 17 yard TD in the red zone. He is CAPABLE of it. I’m not sure our offense is capable of executing it. He pretty much threw that pass perfectly in a tight spot. 

Big difference in 4 to go and 17 to go. The D is defending those situations entirely differently. I'm talking specifically about the latter scenario.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Are we wrong for expecting our overall #1 pick to actually perform?  Especially for the price we paid for him?

This is the NFL and we expect him to live up to the lofty price paid and so far, he is not. Hell, we have no 1st round pick next year that we may have sold as the #1 overall with some good QBs upcoming. This is a debacle of epic proportions if nothing drastically changes. 

Conviction 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Big difference in 4 to go and 17 to go. The D is defending those situations entirely differently. I'm talking specifically about the latter scenario.

I get that but it was a distant throw in the redzone that was in a tight window. You could argue he isn’t confident enough to throw it, but he is physically able to.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Totally agree here. Great post @AceBoogie. The problem this forum is struggling with right now is that we are comparing Bryce to the other QBs in the draft as if the situations are identical. 

Bryce played very well today and had some blunders. He executed the game plan he was given and played as well as he could given the situation today. I mean if you think about it... we had poor oline play, yet another drivekilling (game killing?) penalty, questionable play calling and poor YAC.  The kid dished it out fo 9 different receivers today, and the majority went to AT and TMJ.

The fumble was a back breaker for sure, and that sucked. At one point BY had 19 straight completions (17 in the 2nd half) at 8.6 ypc... cmon!

Now the hard part.... BY does have to understand situations better like exiting the pocket sooner, throwing the ball away and PROTECTING the football. I am also ready for Reich to handover the play calling... it's impacting his ability to coach on game days. The clock management and cadence of playcalling is off right now... and some of that falls on the QB... but considering the situation this 100% falls on Reich. 

Lastly, I think we need to do some internal evaluations on Campen.... three different teams today were down to backups on their lines and 2 of them didnt allow a sack. One of those teams was the Texans against the Steelers vaunted pass rush.... I'd like for us to evaluate whether Campen is the right guy.. Esepcially with Ickey's sophmore slump....

Enough with all that rational logic stuff. 

SITEasdasddd get GIF