• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Bryce busts, was that the worst trade in the history of the NFL?

Captroop

55 minutes ago, Daniel Mullaly said:

I’m just drained by the thought that if Bryce doesn’t pan out, the Panthers are a couple more years away from being relevant. And it’s been years already. 

Panthers have fell down the NFL pecking order to Browns/Jets/Lions(historically) levels. 

45 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Trey Lance is one of the worst trades in NFL history in terms of value.  Imo, the worst trade in history is when the bears traded away their pick to draft Mitch Trubisky. They could've drafted Mahomes with that pick.

I'm convinced at this point that anyone the Bears draft at QB is doomed. They seem destined to forever be bad at QB.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Trey Lance is one of the worst trades in NFL history in terms of value.  Imo, the worst trade in history is when the bears traded away their pick to draft Mitch Trubisky. They could've drafted Mahomes with that pick.

this is true, while CJ and AR have shown great flashes, neither have yet to make me say wow these guys can win a superbowl/MVP like a mahomes/allen/lamar. Time will tell though. houstons roster is so dog so what CJ is doing is truly miracle work.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

this is true, while CJ and AR have shown great flashes, neither have yet to make me say wow these guys can win a superbowl/MVP like a mahomes/allen/lamar. Time will tell though. houstons roster is so dog so what CJ is doing is truly miracle work.

Stroud should be in the mvp conversation right now, or he will be soon at the rate he is going. He already is running away with offensive ROY, the texans winning is just icing on cake. The fact that he is literally been one of the best qbs in the league over 4 weeks with that roster and no mistake football puts him in mvp conversation. 

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

This wouldn't even be the worst trade in Panthers history, let alone the NFL.

what is the worst Panther trade.  I mean, we don't know if Bryce is actually a bust.  But let's assume he is in the hypothetical.  What would be worse? 

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

I know it's only 3 games, so we can't know at this point, hence the "if." This is purely a thought experiment.

I'm genuinely trying to think of a worse one, and I can't do it. Two firsts (and at this point looking increasingly like 2 top-3 picks), a second, and DJ Moore. That amount of capital doesn't seem like the kind of thing you take a flyer on. That's the certainty of taking a perennial All Pro, with a 10+ year career.

If Bryce just doesn't pan out, have the Carolina Panthers earned the ignominy of making the worst trade in the history of the NFL?

Please find a counter-argument. Please.

The Russell Wilson trade is way worse.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

as of right now? No.  There are still worse trades.   

BUT it could end up down the road if that 2024 pick turns into the #1 overall for Chicago and THAT pick turns out to be great QB. 

This is the Bears we're talking about here, you can't rely on them to make rational drafting decisions. 

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

No, not even close.

It really depends on what happens with the Bears. If the Bears end up off-loading Justin Fields and getting Drake Maye/Caleb Williams AND Marvin Harrison Jr., along with a guy like Eric Bienemy as Head Coach, then yes. Absolutely. The consequence of this trade will have been massive.