• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For non-Texans fans: How will you react when this team goes 0-17?

Carl Spackler

Definitely GM... And probably HC if we're 0-17.  I don't think you can fire Reich Middle of his first season.  I really dislike firing coaches after one season in general, but 0-17 is a special sort of failure and I think that warrants wholesale cleaning.

On the other hand, if you stick with him and inevitably fire him year 2 mid season, at least you could evaluate Evero for HC. We won't be too hot a destination next year anyway unless BY heats up (in which case we don't go 0-17) since we lack draft capital.

53 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

There are a lot of Texans fans on our board right now and “told you sos” who circle jerk to CJ Stroud. 

It's just the many who had an affinity to Stroud during the draft process who are having a difficult time going through the continued lull.  They get panned as Texans fans, but it's all Pantherdom.  I wanted Stroud but I'm not going to cry about it--what's done is done.  

Can't really change it at this point but I think many need to realize given how we got to #1 overall, he will be compared to QB2 and QB3 his entire career.  Get used to it.  

• Pie 6

It wouldn't matter which of the 3 we picked they'd all be ass. This coaching and roster build was and is atrocious. More impatience from tepper pushed us further down the toilet bowl. It's never going to flush though.  Not till Tepper changes his ways or sells. We'll just continue to poo into that bowl until it's overflowing.

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

It's just the many who had an affinity to Stroud during the draft process who are having a difficult time going through the continued lull.  They get panned as Texans fans, but it's all Pantherdom.  I wanted Stroud but I'm not going to cry about it--what's done is done.  

Can't really change it at this point but I think many need to realize given how we got to #1 overall, he will be compared to QB2 and QB3 his entire career.  Get used to it.  

Do yourself a favor, put whoever that is on ignore.

14 hours ago, Tbe said:

Follow up.

How will Tepper react when CMC wins MVP and Stroud wins OROTR?

Like he just needs more time to figure things out. Y’all can beg for changes but they’re all superficial until Tepper stops calling the shots. But he doesn’t care, it’s not urgent for him. If he can’t do it no one will because there is no way to take credit otherwise. This is a toy to him - he doesn’t give two shits an out winning any other way. 

Check it out, no one getting fired, except maybe Fitt, if we go 0-17.   How much dead money is getting paid out this season? How much money got paid to Rhule for his contract?  It’s too steep a price if you ask me Tepper is going to give it more time.   Personally as a fan, from what I have seen the past year and the start of this season, I expect us to lose out….not what I want, just what I see.  I will still pull for the team just a little less engaged and with very low hope/ expectations of success for a couple more years.